UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Value of Fleming .22 conversion?

Value of Fleming .22 conversion?

A buddy of mine has a NIB Fleming .22 conversion for the M10 that he wants to sell, but he has no idea what to ask for it. I know they don't have a great reputation for reliability, but don't know much else about them. Can anyone suggest an appropriate asking price?

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    I was buying them (before lage came out with his kit) for $100-150. Hope that helps
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

Many years ago, I paid $250 for a new one directly from Flemming. It would only fire one shot at a time before jamming. I can't remember the type of malfunction. I returned it to Flemming.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I have *two* FLEMING kits for M11/9s. They were part of the gun package deals we worked out, but we figured $250 each.

Mine work pretty well, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31RIcLkCcr0&t=4s

I also have a LAGE 22 kit in a dedicated upper, and it's been comparable.
    Now hosting: www.MAC-11.info

I'm in the market for one. If you come up with a price let me know.

I got a chance to look the kit over today and it's not NIB. He says he has never fired it, but it obviously has been mounted in someone's receiver and shot. God knows how well it works. I'll pass along the info from this thread and see what the owner wants to do.

Many thanks for the responses so far.

UZI Talk Supporter

Out of the 3 Fleming M10-22 kits I have bought, I have been able to get two of them to run nearly 100%.
    However, that took a lot of work and a very steep learning curve on .22lr rounds and full auto firing.

The big issue at this point would be that the M10 kits were made intended to run the once plentiful RamLine 10/22 mags.
    Those mags have not been made in many years.
    I spent several years modifying other brands to mimic the RamLine mags performance in the M10-22 kits, with limited success.

Given the scarcity of proper mags for the kits, I would pay $125-150, but not much more for the kit.

One thing that tends to help the kits run is a new extractor with a slightly different profile than the one that comes with the kit.

I could only recommend that a true tinkerer buy these kits. If a person doesnt have patience and a natural curiosity about the way these kits work they will likely become frustrated trying to get a kit up and running reliably.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Black Belt is pretty much 100%
    The replacement mag for the ram line that I use is the butler creek steel lips mags and almost 100% reliability.

I paid 400 for my kit in 2010 from a board member but it cane with a pile of spare parts.

Had it out the weekend before the blizzard for some teens to shoot as always worked 100%

I also run mine with a can instead of the Flewmming booster.

I would think between 125 to 400
    125 for just the upper no proof it works, more with extras like I got
    , even more if the owner can prove it will run 6 or 7 mags in a row non stop.
    Not the same mag 6 or 7 time but 6 or 7 different mags.

as far as I I know Black Belt and I are the only two members that have proof of life vid of these things running.

Rich

i'd be interested in buying it depending on the price

UZI Talk Life Member

How do these kits run with the newer Ruger BX-25 mags?

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottinTexas View Post
    No idea.
    tried a few different mags when I bought mine and the butler creek steel lips work great in mine.
    In fact for me they worked the best. So I bought a pile of them and didn't look back when they were on sale.

BX-25 mags weren't on the market back then.

Rich

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    No idea.
    tried a few different mags when I bought mine and the butler creek steel lips work great in mine.
    On the rare occasions when my fleming upper decides it wants to run it does work well with Butler Creek mags but the best mag I found for them were the Tactical Innovations mags. I don't know if they are still made but they have four set screws for insertion depth. As sloppy as the magwell on my upper is, the screws allow me to adjust how it fits and the depth. I believe they use the exact same metal feedlips as in the Butler Creek mags.
    My gun collection is one murderous rampage away from becoming an arsenal

UZI Talk Life Member
    Funny story. I bought one used, no instructions/manual and did everything that I could to make it run and it wouldn't. I put in a new extractor, etc, etc.. I tried every kind of ammo with every kind of magazine except one, the crappy Ramlines that I got for cheap a long time ago because if it wouldn't run with the good mags there was no way it would run with the crappy mags. I was ready to sell it off for scrap when I asked here on this forum and found out that it was designed to run with the Ramlines. I tried a few and it runs as close to 100% as 22LR will allow. A muzzle booster helps. But I still just shoot the Lage 22 upper.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottinTexas View Post
    No. The only thing I have found to work well is Butler Creek steel lips with CCI mm ammo.
    Def in one ear ecated in the other

+ Reply to Thread