UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New production 30rnd magazines

New production 30rnd magazines

Does anyone have the new 30round Reising magazines? Mine came in, but the follower does not want to push the last round into the right position. Anyone else have this problem or am I just "Lucky"?

Having problems too just haven't had time to call keystone

I should see Keystone Joe at the creek next week. I'll have to show him the problem, perhaps he has a fix.

I'm now up to FOUR of the 30rnd magazines. Polishing the legs on the follower seems to help. Last round feeding is still problematic. I talked to Joe over the weekend, he said a few people had the same problem, but it didn't sound a lot. Then again, he's such a nice guy, I didn't have the heart to let him know the mags were still not feeding reliably. I guess I'll keep tinkering.

Ar-15 Guru, Uzi Novice
    I know they were listed on the webstore, but aren't there now- do you just have to call to order them?

Supposed to be back on the site end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Benaj View Post
    Supposed to be back on the site end of the month.

https://030c1a4.netsolstores.com/rei...mdnjandny.aspx

Are the keystone Reising mags working for anyone, or all they all problematic?

*cricket cricket* I'll chime in once my magazines get back from being tuned. Rumor has it they work now, but required some fairly heavy re-working.

UZI Talk Life Member

Keystone has them back on their site. Even sent me an email to say they were available. At $90 each you should not have to rework/tune them. Has anyone ordered/tested the latest version?

I'm going to hold off ordering until some positive reports start coming in. I agree for $90 each they should work, period.

What seems to be the fix. Cant get mine to feed at all. The stock reising mags I have seem to feed just fine. Dont want to just start bending things.

Anyone before I go at then with a crowbar!

... on mine, bending the follower to give the round more of a nose-up position... and then (I've not had a chance to check it out, but this is what I am told) welding and re-drilling the magazine catch hole. The reising is not my top priority at the moment, so it'll take me a while.

Wow, that sounds like major repair is required on these Keystone 30 rd. mags. I had hoped they would be ok. Does anyone have any that work?

I discussed my magazines with my brother over the weekend: He said they sat WAY too low in the gun, which was causing the feed issues. So far he re-worked two of the four magazines. I suggested he call Keystone Joe to talk about it, maybe there is a QC issue somewhere.

Bump... does anyone else have any experience with these magazines?

I bought some 20 Round mags from Sarco rather than take a chance with the Keystone mags.

Well, I tested out the brother-modified Reising magazines over the weekend. He welded up the mag catch and re-worked the mag to sit higher in the gun. The test went well, probably about 500+ rounds, two failures, I forget why, but we blamed ammo for one at least. We quit "testing" and were just shooting for fun by the end. The gun ran well, but it was tricky to pull off single shots. I don't know if I could made it through a subgun match with only four magazines.

The Brother took the other two magazines back to the shop to work them over, now that we know the fix. I'll need to put together more .45 before I can do another range report. Subuns sure do eat the ammo!!

+ Reply to Thread