UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need parts for Weaver Arms LTD 9mm Nighthawk carbine rifle

I need parts for Weaver Arms LTD 9mm Nighthawk carbine rifle

I need parts for a Weaver Arms LTD 9mm Nighthawk carbine rifle like a knock off Uzi. any help is welcome.

parts pop up once in awhile on gbroker.

Funny, I also need parts, I have one arriving Tuesday that has a broken front sight and apparently short cycles the action. I figured for $200 I'd take a chance.

There were only 1000 of the Weaver Arms NightHawk 9mm Carbine ever made. They were made in 1985 and sold for around $600.00. They use the regular UZI clips 25 and 35 round and they do not like the 115 grain bullets. The 115 tend to jam in the gun I use 124 grain or the 147 and never have a problem. Yes I purchased one of the original ones and have all the original paperwork on it. As you can figure since it was only made in 1985 parts rarely ever show up for it. But once you sight it in it is deadly accurate the bullet really does go very straight. You will love shooting it I have had mine since 1985 and I still love the way it shoots. I even ordered and received the NightHawk carry bag that says NightHawk on it. When I first bought it I bought a case of 5000 of the Israeli 9mm ammo in 115 grain bullets. They shot just fine but when they were gone the 115 I bought that were made in America jammed a lot so I went to 147 and they shot fine now I also use the 124 and 124 +P without a problem.

Oh the reason they never made more is shortly after they made the first run of 1000 the Chinese Government made them an offer. They moved their plant to China and make weapons exclusively for the Chinese Military.

Nice resurrection. Always thought these were cool.

Seen a couple go in auctions the past couple years. One for $600, and another still in the box, unfired and with a bunch of goodies went for $1,300.

There is an iconic picture of Clint Eastwood posing with one at the old HQ for International Combat Arms magazine. Gotta love the tshirt!

It really is a beautiful weapon too bad they moved to China but you go where the money is. The original spot where their factory was has a McDonalds and a mini mall on it now.

I was really not impressed with the one I owned. The plastic is of very poor quality and brittle, the handling is awkward. A cool thing to own as a curiosity but not something I would shoot since it seemed fragile and parts are nonexistent.

I've put thousands of rounds through mine with no problems. The only problem is the normal 115 grain ammo just doesn't seem to push the receiver all the way back which causes jams. once I went to the 124, 124+P, and the 147 I have had no further problems. I do have a set of the original blueprints which show exactly how its made and how it all goes together they came with the original paperwork when I bought it in 1985.

+ Reply to Thread