UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best scope for AK 47

Best scope for AK 47

I was wondering if anyone here has used UTG 3-9X32 bugbuster scope. I heard is the best for AK 47. I was thinking of which scope that matches better putting in consideration that the scope must be able to withstand kickbacks. If you already have experience with AK 47, you should understand what I meant. I am grateful for your suggestions.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Well a shotgun or muzzleloader scope would be made for way stronger recoil forces, but scopes on AKs are generally a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    Well a shotgun or muzzleloader scope would be made for way stronger recoil forces, but scopes on AKs are generally a disappointment.
    oh really? less I know about it. I was thinking that for the fact that AK 47 is more like a solid firearm, that the rifle scope made for it will be more solid. do you know anything about Redfield scopes for hunting? any experience with it? I really appreciate your answers and ideas.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I've shot AKs with a variety of scopes.
    They don't beat up scopes any more than any other center fire gun.
    They are not accurate enough to warrant an expensive scope with all the bells and whistles.
    A decent fixed 3x or 4x scope, or even a red dot sight will be all you need. Don't expect anything better than 3-4 MOA from it, even from a rifle rest.
    Remember, the AK was designed to be a rugged and reliable close range weapon, not a sniper rifle.
    The Russian battle plan of that era used "Human Wave" attacks, supported by tanks. The theory is that many will die, but many more will survive and get close enough to hose down the target at almost point blank range. That would be a bad time to have your rifle jam!
    The Russians embedded Dragunov armed snipers with the infantry ti take out specific targets if accurate fire was needed.

+ Reply to Thread