UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Lage .22lr kit questions- what do I have?

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    63

    Lage .22lr kit questions- what do I have?

    Finally getting around to looking at my lage .22lr kit that arrived back in Jan/2020 as it’s still sealed in the plastic. Receipt from is marked M-11/22. Bolt is marked “lage manufacturing Mark 2 conversion”. Is this the right .22lr kit that works in the standard Mac 11/9 upper? It looks like it’s the right size barrel and bolt length but the “Mark2” is throwing me off...

    Also, what Ammo does Lage recommend? I used to have a list but don’t find it on their website anymore?

  2. #2
    Registered User KickStand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    632
    This is my bolt for the M11/9 22 conversion kit.

  3. #3
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Mackjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,656
    Remington golden bullet is whatís recommended and works excellent for me. My kit says mk2 or something similar also and it fits in my factory upper

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    63
    Any other Ammo or just Rem golden bullet??

    Thanks guys! Perfect!!

  5. #5
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Hey...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,779
    Here’s an auction that’s about to end.

    Retard Bidding-Engaged.



    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/881601291

  6. #6
    UZI Talk Life Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Near Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,440
    I beleive at one time there was a list on their website that indicated RGB 36 gr and Winchester 36 gr was used in the design and therefore recommended. At one point they recommend to me to try RGB 40 gr, which I didn't know existed.

    I just perused the website and it looks like they scrubbed almost everything about the 11/22 kit. Search here on Uzitalk for the Lage recommendations; it's here somewhere as I know I posted it a couple of times.

    I do recommend trying CCI minimaps, 36 or 40 gr. Others have had good luck with Federal Champion 36 gr, which in my opinion is likely to be equal to CCI minmags due to the umbrella corporate ownership.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

    I know, not very creative but it is factual.

    By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    278
    This link will take you to the old Lage web page for the 22 kit.

    https://www.max-11.com/M1122.html

    It recommends the following ammo:

    Winchester Super-X, 40 Grain 1300 FPS #X22LRSS1
    CCI Mini-Mag HP, 36 Grain, 1260 FPS #0031
    CCI Stinger, 32 Grain 1640 FPS #0050

    Use only plated bullets to minimize leading of the barrel. Use of other ammunition may cause unreliable performance.

  8. #8
    UZI Talk Life Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Near Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by TSPC View Post
    This link will take you to the old Lage web page for the 22 kit.

    https://www.max-11.com/M1122.html

    It recommends the following ammo:

    Winchester Super-X, 40 Grain 1300 FPS #X22LRSS1
    CCI Mini-Mag HP, 36 Grain, 1260 FPS #0031
    CCI Stinger, 32 Grain 1640 FPS #0050

    Use only plated bullets to minimize leading of the barrel. Use of other ammunition may cause unreliable performance.
    That is very interesting...seems like maybe they've changed the recommended ammo. Which is perfectly fine; some of it has changed over the years.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

    I know, not very creative but it is factual.

    By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottinTexas View Post
    That is very interesting...seems like maybe they've changed the recommended ammo. Which is perfectly fine; some of it has changed over the years.
    They also listed this as the recommended ammo but I didn't see it when I first looked.


    "The M-11/22 is designed to use .22 Long Rifle ammunition. The recommended ammunition is Remington Golden 36 Gr. .22 Long Rifle."

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    69
    I have good luck with CCI standard velocity if shooting suppressed. I've found keeping the bolt well lubed helps.

  11. #11
    Registered User KickStand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    632
    I consider myself extremely lucky. My kit has shot everything Iíve put through it.

    This is an older video and have since tried more manufacturers 22 with great results.

  12. #12
    UZI Talk Supporter
    woodenword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    All over the place!
    Posts
    805
    In addition to the RGB, I’ve had very good luck with the Winchester M-22.

  13. #13
    Registered User Doobis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    91
    Does anyone else have a problem with the mini mag getting bad rim lock? I couldn't get it to run because the cases are lubricated and would slip over each other and get rim lock bad. I wish I could get it to load right because its HV copper coated bullet and available.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    135

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Port St Lucie, FL.
    Posts
    34
    I would check with Lage about the set up?? I think that one is for their MK2 upper! Here is a site that shows all three. https://www.max-11.com/22KitNew.html
    If plan on running that with the standard Mac upper? you may have a problem. Just leave a message for Jackie and she is pretty good about getting back to you and Send Email. Just My .02 JD
    Added note: in looking at the manual for each, your bolt looks correct for what you want. But that MK2 would throw me off also??? There is a different manual for each version, check your manual!!! JD
    Last edited by JDIllon; 10-22-2020 at 11:16 AM.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by JDIllon View Post
    I would check with Lage about the set up?? I think that one is for their MK2 upper! Here is a site that shows all three. https://www.max-11.com/22KitNew.html
    If plan on running that with the standard Mac upper? you may have a problem. Just leave a message for Jackie and she is pretty good about getting back to you and Send Email. Just My .02 JD
    Added note: in looking at the manual for each, your bolt looks correct for what you want. But that MK2 would throw me off also??? There is a different manual for each version, check your manual!!! JD
    I have the same MK2 conversion. It’s the latest version. I believe this one is for the factory upper. If you look at the info on the one for the Max11Mk2, you’ll notice it has tabs attached to the top of the .22 bolt to fill the space where the bolt weight of the Max11Mk2 bolt resides.

  17. #17
    UZI Talk Life Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    35
    cci mini mags work perfect in mine... better than the RGB.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter.