UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: W-Max CF-W bolt adapter for Lage uppers

UZI Talk Life Member

W-Max CF-W bolt adapter for Lage uppers

I would like to announce an exciting new product for those who are looking for another way to host your CF-W bolt, but donít want to drop the cash on yet another new upper and everything else that goes along with it. If you already own a CF-W bolt in addition to a Lage Max-11 MkII or Max-11K (aluminum) upper, the W-Max MkII adapter allows for the drop-in use of your tungsten CF-W bolt with your existing uppers. Sorry, the adapter is not for use with the first generation steel Lage uppers, only the second generation aluminum (MkII) uppers.

The main benefit of using the CF-W bolt in your Max-11 upper is to keep the bolt mass lower and further to the rear rather than cantilevered over the barrel, greatly reducing the rocking effect during firing. Additional benefits include keeping your sights, stock and check weld consistent with what you are used to, and slowing down the ROF even more so than the Lage system Ė especially with the Max-11K.

To install, simply drop the adapter on top of your CF-W bolt, inserting the boss into the top charging knob hole. Slide the assembly into the upper and insert your existing Lage charging handle the same way as you would with the Lage bolt. Itís as simple as that.

Of course, this adapter can also be used with the stock M11/9 bolt in your Lage uppers the same way for fast-fire fun that is still safer and more controllable than your stock upper.

I would like to thank Mike (CoffeeFreak) for conceptualizing the conversion shortly after inventing his CFW bolt. His DIY conversion was the inspiration for this product, now available as a CF-W accessory for those who would rather not DIY.

VegasSMG.com is the exclusive distributor of these adapters and they will begin shipping next Monday, June 12th. The delivered price of $50 includes the W-Max MkII adapter as well as a super-slow fire recoil spring, and the system comes with a one year warranty from VegasSMG. This spring allows you to easily pull singles when using your CF-W bolt in conjunction with your excellent Max-11 MkII or Max11K upper.

The adapter systems are available directly from VegasSMG as well as from Practical Solutions
    Name:  Right_bolt.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  31.1 KB
    Name:  W-Max adapters.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  55.9 KB
    Last edited by wtrski76; 06-19-2017 at 10:37 AM. Reason: update web address

UZI Talk Life Member
    Nice product. I'm continually amazed by this forum and the people in it.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Very cool Jeff.

What is the material?
    Machine guns are like food. They're better with good company.

UZI Talk Life Member

They are 3D printed from a nylon material - very slippery and tough.

UZI Talk Life Member
    A couple of comments...

A huge thanks to Jeff for his vision and work to develop these adapters. I'm honored he's trusted me to handle distribution of his product.

I had some thoughts about making and selling an adapter myself, but never followed through. I also reached out to Richard to see if he had an interest in making an adapter for using the W bolt in his uppers. Mr. Lage is very busy with other products as you might imagine, and simply didn't have time to spend on a niche item such as this. Jeff saw the community need and responded.

The Lage MAX-11 Mk2 uppers are made from aluminum. The tungsten alloy the CF-W bolt is constructed from rides very smoothly and freely inside the upper which increases the ROF. To slow down this increased ROF, an SS spring, (Super Slow), is included with each W-MAX Mk2 adapter free of charge.

I'll personally warranty these adapters without regard to which retailer you make your purchase from. I will require return of the damaged item so we can see the point of failure and make changes if needed. These adapters are extremely tough and durable, and I don't expect to see any problems.

Practical Solutions should receive their Alamo adapters tomorrow. In the spirit of fairness, I will wait to begin shipping until they have them in stock and are ready to begin retail sales. If Tina and Sam are ready to rock before Monday, then sales will begin sooner.
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

I am continually amazed at all of the new products coming out for the Mac community. As soon as funds allow I will be buying this adapter and a CF-W bolt!

Awesome.. Standing by to order

I had the privilege of being part of the test process on these wirh VegasSMG, and I was very impressed. I used it on my Lage K upper, and the feel/ROF of the heavy bolt in the larger Lage upper (vs a basic side cocking upper) is now my favorite Mac config. I'm going to put it to the real test in the local Subgun match this Sunday.

So we can chop them for an m11a1 w max 11mk2 upper ?

H A L L E L U J A H ! ! ! !

I tried to DIY one myself over the course of many range trips and eventually gave up. My Max-11k and CF-W have been waiting.

Care to share pics of the boss / interface?

Thanks,
    -Drew

UZI Talk Life Member
    Pretty awesome, well done. Interesting material selection!

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by LawBob View Post
    So we can chop them for an m11a1 w max 11mk2 upper ?
    I'll tell you as soon as I get a .380 W bolt! I'd be concerned that if you did that though, it may not work as well will the 9mm bolt - it may allow the long 9mm bolt to tilt and cause reliability problems. We won't know until we try though.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by cation3 View Post
    H A L L E L U J A H ! ! ! !

Care to share pics of the boss / interface?
    Of course!
    Name:  bottom1.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  7.6 KB
    Name:  bottom2.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  14.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by wtrski76 View Post
    I'll tell you as soon as I get a .380 W bolt! I'd be concerned that if you did that though, it may not work as well will the 9mm bolt - it may allow the long 9mm bolt to tilt and cause reliability problems. We won't know until we try though.
    Why would a 9mm bolt for the m11a1 be longer

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by LawBob View Post
    Why would a 9mm bolt for the m11a1 be longer
    Ah, now I get it. I was referring to the standard m11/nine length 9mm bolt. I don't think you can chop a CFW 9mm bolt down for an A1 because of the way the the firing pin is retained. I suppose you could weld a firing pin in if you wanted to cut one down though.

UZI Talk Supporter
    In for 1 when they become available for order.

UZI Talk Life Member
    For all practical purposes, W cannot be welded.

Drew; You were the very first person I thought about before a single round was ever test fired. I'm very happy that you and a bunch of other guys will be able to use your existing Lage uppers with the W bolt. I'm a huge fan of options, and this certainly provides a great new option for guys like you.

Excellent! And I'm buying one as soon as I can find a link to it! Didn't find it on Sams site but I'm sure in due time... or I'm blind. Or both

Also ready to buy a CF-W bolt and adapter when the adapters become available! Really excited I can now run this bolt in the Max-11K upper I have, while I patiently wait for my Grey Ghost upper from Sam!

UZI Talk Life Member
    I've posted some additional information and photos here...

You're also able to use the Alamo W-MAX adapter to run an OEM bolt inside your MAX-11 Mk2 or MAX-11K upper. Because sometimes you have a need for speed.

+ Reply to Thread