UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 1 3 13

Thread: The UZI Book - Order a copy now!!!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven Click's Up View Post
    Thanks again David.
    I don't think there is any information out there that's not in your book. I keep finding new things in there.
    Actually, it's near my bathroom right now.
    What a wealth of information. Great job in all the research that went into this.
    I received mine in about March 2018, and I'm still finding new things in it to read.
    I can't thank you enough.
    Thats, I appreciate the feedback!
    Looking for the definitive reference book on UZI history and technical information? Check out my book The UZI Submachine Gun Examined. Details to order a copy are here.

Rover Dave,
    This may be in your book but I won't have it until I get one at the Fort Worth Gun Show this weekend. I asked this question of Richard Hoffman at BWE and he suggested that I contact you. (Plus, I've read everything I can find and asked a bunch of well-known NFA types, but I still can't get no satisfaction.) I'm trying to find an original IMI Uzi SMG barrel for my Fleming/Urbach full conversion gun. I've found a couple of possibilities but they have no markings at all. How can I tell if I'm looking at an authentic Israeli barrel? Shouldn't it be marked with "IMI," a star, a date code, or at least something?
    Thanks.

Administrator
    The short answer is no, there is no easy way. IMI made guns for many places undermine contracts, and all have the possibility of different markings. Even looking at just the guns issued to the IDF, the markings varied. The vast majority I've seen had no markings at all. Occasionally you see one with an "IMI" or Hebrew characters on it. I've seen some with dates on them but they are usually made for commercial markets like Action Arms in the 1980s. Anything that is truly chrome lined is not IMI. A lot of the aftermarket barrels have different chamfers on the chamber and that helps identify them. Anything that is surplus from Germany is made by IMI, though most of that stuff came in after the time the barrels could be imported. Sorry there isn't a better answer. The barrels from BWE are always an option since they are made to IMI specs.
    Looking for the definitive reference book on UZI history and technical information? Check out my book The UZI Submachine Gun Examined. Details to order a copy are here.

Thanks, RoverDave, for your considerate and thorough answer about a loosey-goosey business practice. Very helpful!

UZI Talk Life Member

I was fortunate enough to buy this book and it is so thorough packed with so much information........historical.....information about many variants......parts pictures....so many photographs. I look at it every other day at least!
    No Uzi Owner should be without one. Dave, Thanks so much for writing this world class reference!!!
    Any One Who Thinks The Pen is Mightier Than The Sword
    Obviously Never Encountered Automatic Weapons
    General Douglas MacArthur

UZI Talk Supporter
    Every time we open it up we keep finding new nuggets of important information.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Haris1 View Post
    I was fortunate enough to buy this book and it is so thorough packed with so much information........historical.....information about many variants......parts pictures....so many photographs. I look at it every other day at least!
    No Uzi Owner should be without one. Dave, Thanks so much for writing this world class reference!!!
    You're welcome. Glad you enjoy it!

Finally got off my ass and bought your book today. I had my eye on your closed bolt kit with the ambi-grip but that went crazy. Congratulations, Delta-10

I received the book a couple days ago and man, it was well packed & looks great. I have only read the first 50 pages or so, but this looks to be well laid out and packed full of information. My only regret is not buying this sooner. A must read for any Uzi enthusiast!!!!!
    Last edited by delta-10; 01-08-2021 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Book Received

UZI Talk Supporter
    Just got my copy! Amazing detail and tons of pictures! Just awesome!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackjack View Post
    Just got my copy! Amazing detail and tons of pictures! Just awesome!
    Thanks! Glad you like it.

Bought the book as I just became the owner of an Uzi with known issues. Its my friends and have shot it before. Friend caught a felony DUI and had to liquidate. Got a smokin' deal, but know its gonna take some work, thus the need for a good reference manual. Really looking forward to the read and project.

Is this book still available, and do you know if it has info on the New Helvetia Mercantile (NHM CO) IMI imports into Sacramento?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by foundingMUTHER View Post
    Is this book still available, and do you know if it has info on the New Helvetia Mercantile (NHM CO) IMI imports into Sacramento?
    Yes it's available and yes it has info on the NHM Co imports, but not specific serial number lists if that's what you're looking for.

Awesome. Thanks RoverDave. I'm glad it's still available. I'll be ordering one soon.

+ Reply to Thread