UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 8

Thread: The UZI Book - Order a copy now!!!

Thumbs up

Decided to pull the trigger (no pun intended ) and placed my order for a signed copy, looking forward to a good read ....

Nice review of the book in the Recommended Reads sidebar on page 16 of the October, 2017 issue of Guns & Ammo magazine.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondAmend View Post
    Nice review of the book in the Recommended Reads sidebar on page 16 of the October, 2017 issue of Guns & Ammo magazine.
    +1 Just picked up a copy of the magazine earlier tonight.
    Looking for the definitive reference book on UZI history and technical information? Check out my book The UZI Submachine Gun Examined. Details to order a copy are here.

Have to take a look out for that magazine at Publix sometime today. If the wait on the water wait lines aren't too bad regarding Irma.

UZI Talk Life Member
    So far so good... Love the layout, much more reader friendly than the collector grade books, without sacrificing scholarship. The detail and photo documentation is top notch. Didn't realize Ralph Merrill himself was the one who posed for the famous Vector ad in SAR. I purchased 7 in a group buy early on... That ad fueled a lot of Uzi "want" back then. Still reading, learning and studying - will be for a long time. This will be a great reference for all things Uzi, and sets a high standard compared to anything out there in the same genre. Hats off to our site leader for pulling this off! Also, I'm thinking this book would make great a great gift for a couple of people I know...

Picked up a second copy for my father in law, he loves it- thank you Dave!

Book arrived today, EXCELLENT, enjoying the read ....

UZI Talk Life Member
    As everybody says, this is a wonderful book. I read it cover to cover.

Question for RD: on page 38, the Uzi version order is given as A,B,D,G,H, "According to the order of the Hebrew characters" The usual Hebrew alphabetical order is aleph, bet, gimmel, dalet, hey (A,B,G,D,H). Typo?

Question about RD: the first few sentences of the Foreword indicate that he was born c. 1960. Did the rest of you guys realize he was that young?
    ברוך ה' צורי המלמד ידי לקרב אצבעותי למלחמה

Psalm 144

UZI Talk Life Member
    He's just a kid.

Sounds like he's at a good age.....not too old, not to young...LOL
    "Ted Kennedy's car killed more people than my gun"

Ancient hatreds & modern weapons - that's my kind of show...George Carlin

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by OPinOKC View Post
    As everybody says, this is a wonderful book. I read it cover to cover.

Question for RD: on page 38, the Uzi version order is given as A,B,D,G,H, "According to the order of the Hebrew characters" The usual Hebrew alphabetical order is aleph, bet, gimmel, dalet, hey (A,B,G,D,H). Typo?

Question about RD: the first few sentences of the Foreword indicate that he was born c. 1960. Did the rest of you guys realize he was that young?
    Ha! If you think I'm young, then you must be an old guy. It's all a matter of perspective. When you get to the point where it looks like your doctor is still in high school, you aren't young any more!

Yes, the letter sequence you refer to is a typeo, one of a small number in the book that is on the list to be fixed in the second printing. It's a funny story about those version letters. When I started doing research for the book, I'd talk to some of the old-time IMI engineers and they would be referring to model A or model G,... Things just didn't make sense chronologically and I scratched my head for a while. Not knowing Hebrew, I was thinking in terms of the normal Latin alphabet. Once I realized that the Hebrew alphabet has a different order, it suddenly all made sense. The use of letters to represent an order (1st, 2nd, 3rd,...) is a somewhat common thing in Hebrew. It's not unique to the UZI models. The IMI engineers were never able to give me any definitive information on the different models. It would have been nice to have a start/end production date and list of features for each model, but I couldn't find any concrete references to it.
    Looking for the definitive reference book on UZI history and technical information? Check out my book The UZI Submachine Gun Examined. Details to order a copy are here.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ole442 View Post
    Sounds like he's at a good age.....not too old, not to young...LOL
    Yeah, it's a pretty good spot. I think the 40's and early 50's is really the sweet spot. You still have good physical capacity, the kids are grown, work tends to be more stable. Once you hit the mid/late 50's, your body reminds you that it has a limited warranty. It gets to be a lot more work to stay in shape and keep the aches and pains at bay.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Yes, and where I'm at, my body warns me everyday that warranties CAN expire....LOL! Any rate, hoping for many great years of good health for you and keep up the great work you do for us to enjoy!
    "Ted Kennedy's car killed more people than my gun"

Ancient hatreds & modern weapons - that's my kind of show...George Carlin

Just ordered a copy to give one of my best friends for Christmas. (I hope he will let me read it when he is done.............hahaha)

Just ordered my second copy for a good friend who used to carry an Uzi when she was in the IDF. Talking to her about the book brought back some fond memories for her. It was the first weapon she trained on, and she was dang good with it, too!

Love the book!

Last edited by serendipitist; 09-16-2017 at 10:24 PM. Reason: photo added

+ Reply to Thread