UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: .300 blackout upper PSA on sale

i've been using a blackside .45 i got off chili for about 7 years now . I've run everything through it except full power rifle rounds. 300blk does exceptionally well on decibel reduction VS using some of the larger cans i've tried . One idiot i shoot with has F1'd 3 or 4 in the past 2 years and even his foot long 300 win. mag rated can isn't as quiet as the blackside.

larger capacity 9mm cans will work too.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nklf View Post
    If using a fixed thread adapter on the Octane you should not need a spacer. Not sure if you are using a piston with fixed barrel spacer.
    i believe my 12x28 is the same as a 9mm threaded barrel right? so its a direct thread fixed adapter

for my S&W .22lr i have a AR spacer to use a .22 sparrow...otherwise it goes too deep into the sparrow

thought this may have the same issue

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    i believe my 12x28 is the same as a 9mm threaded barrel right? so its a direct thread fixed adapter

for my S&W .22lr i have a AR spacer to use a .22 sparrow...otherwise it goes too deep into the sparrow

thought this may have the same issue
    300BO barrels.will generally be threaded 5/8-24 as are most .308 barrels

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wtrski76 View Post
    300BO barrels.will generally be threaded 5/8-24 as are most .308 barrels
    thank you!...learned something new...

UZI Talk Supporter
    thank you!...learned something new...
    I did too not long ago when I did my 9mm build bat ram. From what I gather the thread pitch difference was in part to prevent threading 556 stuff on a 9mm barrel and having a bad day. There are some 1/2x28 9mm muzzle devices out there though. Sorry it's a bit off track, butt we all don't know everything, even though it seems some here actually do haha. It's why we come here first for help. Love the UT family!
    God, Family, Guns.....Life is Good! ROMANS 10:9-10

UZI Talk Supporter
    got my upper...got it all dressed up with a nice red dot and some grip panels....pretty cool how short it is...ammo came today!....ready to rock and roll soon....tried to get the flash suppressor off using a bench vise and some 2x4's....no go....its on there...going to have to take it to a gun smith to remove the damn thing....also waiting for 220 grain to go on sale...i bought some 125 grain to play with....still deciding whether to use it on the M16 or buy a new receiver and an arm brace and make a ''in stye'' Non-NFA SBR....PSA has some cheap lowers!!!.....id probably try the Blade butt stock this time

UZI Talk Supporter
    Do you not have an upper vise block? They're cheap and really come in handy, shouldn't be that difficult to get it off if properly vise'd.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain murrica View Post
    Do you not have an upper vise block? They're cheap and really come in handy, shouldn't be that difficult to get it off if properly vise'd.
    i have a set of plastic blocks with a v notch in them....the V is shallow...is this what i need? id have to dissemble the hand guard to use it....i would think these would scratch the barrel?...i liked the 2x4 idea, but it just spun

UZI Talk Supporter
    Like this, the whole upper receiver gets clamped in it. I haven't marred a gun with it yet. You can put masking tape on receiver to be extra careful if you so desire.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-to...prod22385.aspx

You can also get something to put in the barrel extension like the geisselle reaction rod or magpul bev block.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/12...sjERoCMhvw_wcB

https://www.magpul.com/products/bev-block-ar15-m4

UZI Talk Supporter
    the local gun smith will charge me $25 and take 5 minutes....doubtful ill need it again....too much $$ to spend for a time use......

how is controlling FA with the M16?.....very curious if i will like it or not.......that will decide if i buy a new pistol lower for it....if it has the same kick as .223 ill be happy....if im shooting the clouds after 5 rounds it will be a semi auto only......i will try the Blade stock this time i think.....whatever goes on sale as PSA next

UZI Talk Supporter
    Both the links are just examples, the upper vise block can be had for <$25 if you look. I got mine on sale from psa, it was a while ago but think I got upper and lower blocks for $10 each. It's come in handy more than enough to pay for itself. Midway has a combo for $25 with a neat tool to align gas tubes when building ar's. if you think you might ever build an ar you'll need it anyway.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/21...nWrBoC9ODw_wcB

UZI Talk Supporter
    Thanks Captain.....i may use it again, maybe not...but for $25 how can you go wrong....

UZI Talk Supporter
    Thanks Captain.....i may use it again, maybe not...but for $25 how can you go wrong....
    No problem, I'm always happy to help anyway I can.

UZI Talk Supporter
    bought a PSA lower with arm brace for $199 shipped....when this stuff is so cheap its so hard to pass up......its a new style arm brace i havent seen before...its like 90% a stock...its just so fake and i knew it would get to this point quickly after the new ATF ruling on arm braces....they arent pretending anymore....also got a BCM and charging handle for $79.......these prices are just nutty cheap.....instead of using this on my M16 im just making a semi pistol ar out of it.......i am doubtful .300 blackout on full auto would be very controllable....ive shot AK's and was unimpressed with its controllability..i assume 300 BO would be about the same
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-a...516444971.html

look at that stock and tell me its an arm brace?

im going to have the gun shop remove the flash hider...they will do it for free when i pickup my AR lower...its that kind of gun shop....they dont nickel and dime....

now i can conceal carry my .300 blackout?
    Last edited by Battering ram NIB; 06-26-2017 at 09:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread