$vboptions[bbtitle]
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: octane 45- blast chamber unthreaded

UZI Talk Supporter

octane 45- blast chamber unthreaded

took my suppressor off a gun today and it unthreaded the blast chamber...i didnt even know that was meant to come out?

makes it much nicer to clean....is this normal?

i cant put it on the dip correct? it will take the finish off the outer edge right?

so im still stuck scraping with a screw driver...but now im doing it outside the tube

UZI Talk Life Member
    My Octane 9 blast chamber (the cage looking part with threads) came out a while back too. The expansion chamber is the solid cylinder sleeves part that slides between the blast chamber and the tube. It's supposed to come out to be cleaned.

I cleaned the blast chamber (cage part) well and used Loctite to secure back in. Has not backed out since.
    Last edited by strobro32; 06-25-2017 at 08:49 PM.
    If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst, boing or explode, it's not worth shooting. :)

UZI Talk Supporter
    dont you want it to come out?

i wish it didnt have the outer ring that shows when assembled...otherwise i could dip it to clean it...this part is the biggest PITA.....i am considering buying a 2nd one of these parts...1 for subguns (i never clean) 1 for pistols (i clean)

i dont think in their manual they show it being removed....but it sure is nice that it does

UZI Talk Life Member
    It's not supposed to be removed except by Silencerco although I'm not sure why.

Read it somewhere in their literature.

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    The first octane blast chambers could be removed. The 2nd run (and every run since) were not designed to be removed by the end user.
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

UZI Talk Supporter
    i can see red sealant around the top edge where the knurled part meets the tube....wow it was 10x easier to clean with it out.....i can submerge 1/2 of it in cleaner and use my screw driver to chip away at it from every angle...i hate cleaning that damn thing...takes me hours....makes it not worth using its so much of a pita.....now it was an easy 20 minute job last night...

its coming out everytime i clean it from now on

UZI Talk Life Member

The blast chamber came out of my Octane 9. I emailed SiCo and they said to seal with picture. Of course I cleaned it before I put it pack in. SiCo recommends soaking in mineral spirits overnight to clean. They also recommend using copper antisiez compound on the mount that is screwed into the blast chamber.

UZI Talk Supporter
    why? why not keep it loose so i can remove it?

i am going to try something new i found on line...bake it at 250 degrees for 15 minutes in DOT 5 brake fluid....its supposed to be high temp and make cleaning easier....if you search you can find endless ways to improve cleaning...not sure any work

UZI Talk Life Member

Not sure why SiCo thinks blast chamber should be sealed with Loctite. Loctite will not hold up to heat of heavy use anyway. I was happy they did not recommend Rockset

Another manufacturer recommended spraying internals with "Splatter Shield" to make cleaning easier. I bought a can at the local welding supply and will try it out.

UZI Talk Supporter
    i bought a sparrow for my .22 because of my hate for cleaning....i like the monocore and to just clean the outside panels....

the more i shoot suppressed the more i dislike it....most of my guns shoot way off target, the can comes loose, the back pressure gas in your face...still need head phones anyways....its more of just a gimmick at this point...i like the way my M16 sounds and the speed with a suppressor....i enjoy it the most...but then after 30 rounds its just smoking and hot as hell....cant really enjoy it....shoot 30, break for 5 mins, shoot another mag, break for 5 mins to cool down.....not enjoyable to me...also very bad gas in the face with the M16

suppressors on handguns...even more worthless...pure gimmick....

maybe when i get my .22 sparrow ill change my mind and enjoy it more....i look forward to it on my S&W .22 ar

UZI Talk Supporter
    Suppressed shooting of my m&p 15-22 is some of the most enjoyable shooting I do, I'd be surprised if you didn't like it. BE CAREFUL removing the flash hider on it as you can twist the barrel in the polymer receiver and really screw thing up. There is a lot online about it so read up before you take it off improperly and ruin your gun.
    God, Family, Guns.....Life is Good! ROMANS 10:9-10

UZI Talk Supporter
    i had the gunsmith remove my flash hider already....its loose and ready for the suppressor...bought the little spacer from suppressor co too...ready to go!!!...my daughters love LOVE that S&W 22...i think with a suppressor they will like it even more....i have to take it to the range everytime i go or i get complaints from them
    Last edited by Battering ram NIB; 06-26-2017 at 09:41 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    there's nothing better than shooting suppressed 22. particularly with kids.

UZI Talk Supporter
    suppressed full auto with kids?? or semi?...............i still look at AM 180's and wonder if id like it....too many bad reviews and i dont want another UZI situation with a gun that wont run.....some day i might grab one

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    suppressed full auto with kids?? or semi?...............i still look at AM 180's and wonder if id like it....too many bad reviews and i dont want another UZI situation with a gun that wont run.....some day i might grab one
    my oldest daughter and about 5 of her friends have all shot my lage'd m11 with the lage 22 kit in it. with a spectre on the end of it. on several different occassions.
    pure fun for all involved.

UZI Talk Supporter
    on the list for a .22 mac 10 kit from practical solutions....might be years though.....he is improving it before he makes them again and with all this grey ghost stuff and upcoming Lage AR i think he has too much work to get around to a .22 kit for the mac 10 again.....

from a bench and a rest ill let her try my thompson...a nice heavy gun....my Amp 10 is also a very good choice...it barely moves its so damn heavy

Uzi with the AWD MK9 is my favorite. Spectre 2 on my Ruger 22/45 is running a CLOSE second place.. GLOCKSTER with the octane 45 next... My blast chamber has not come out of my Octane yet when cleaning.

+ Reply to Thread