UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: anyone own a C308?

UZI Talk Supporter

anyone own a C308?

couldnt pass up the deal from Classic firearm today..$449 after rebate including 8- 20 round mags, 1-5 rounder

ive always wanted a HK and i know this ISNT a real HK...but its close enough for $450 for me to enjoy

anyone have one? i may replace the stock w/ real wood...may replace the trigger housing/lower with metal....not sure how much $$ i want to put into this....i know the wood is cheap

Nice find. Like you said- it's about 80% of the gun for about 10% of the cost. Def pick up the wood furniture!

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    Nice find. Like you said- it's about 80% of the gun for about 10% of the cost. Def pick up the wood furniture!
    the furniture is almost nothing (Cetme)...i can get a set of green furniture for like $25!!....anything to jack up its looks

see some bad reviews, see some good ones....i like my century arms AK Pistol and it was a bargain also.....i dont have high expectations..i know its not a $3500 HK......i own a DSA FAL and always wanted a HK 308.....
    Last edited by Battering ram NIB; 07-11-2017 at 05:09 PM.

I helped on of my friend buy a C308 at a Albany Gun show. Shoot well, good gun! some people don't like the rear sight, they are Ok.

UZI Talk Supporter
    if you search there are some really horrible reviews...most just dont like Century arms though

i got to handle one at my local gun shop today......pretty damn nice for $450...DAMN nice....its one of the employees personal guns and he said how great it shoots.....

the finish did look like paint...thats my only complaint...but for $450 what can you expect...if it functions ill be thrilled....its just a range toy to use 2x a year

I once had a Century CETME.
    I realize it's not exactly the same,but it was accurate enough, and I had zero problems with it.

If you want to shoot a HK style 308 , this is the low $$ ticket.
    No way would i dish out the $$$ nowadays for a real HK gun even if I did have a reg. trigger pack when i could have just as much of a blast with host guns one tenth of the cost and wouldn't really lose any sleep if something went wrong.

Most issues ,if any are an easy fix.

The internet is full of pussies and cucks who couldn't fix a knotted shoe string then bitch about it cause they're fucking dumb.

UZI Talk Supporter
    got my c308 today....very pleased

condition looks like a brand new gun...pretty much flawless....paint job is about on par with a AK...nothing great, but decent for a $450 HK clone

came with 2 HK mags from 1968--look like new and 8 Cetme mags good condition in cosmoline

checked the bolt...measured 1.835, so its not ground down
    bolt gap measures .010

so i got luck it appears....i have not taken it apart to clean it up yet, but its dirty and greasy....needs a full strip down

for $450 if it shoots what a bargain!

Any semi auto that goes "bang" every time is worth #450,IMHO

UZI Talk Supporter
    after cleaning the bolt gap is .014.....not sure what happened, but my rifle is improving....im not sure if its original finish on all the Cetme parts, but some dont look freshly refinished....they have 40% of the finish gone....the trigger group looks brand new as does much of the internals

1 hk mag is brand new, a few of the cetme's are full of grit/sand...1 is rusty inside....a mixed bunch of mags....spent 2 hours stripping everything down and oiling/cleaning....i see nothing yet that doesnt impress me about it...ill probably shoot it this weekend....ive wanted a HK since the 1990's....not that i have a real HK, but for my purpose (plinking) im happy

UZI Talk Life Member
    Keep in mind the CETME is the original. The HK contracted with the Spanish for the design. I have had several over the years. The one I own now was a limited run with a machined receiver, love it. Great range toy for 15% of the HK price.

UZI Talk Supporter
    i bought a Cetme parts kit from Sarco for $148 w/ free shipping last night...i want to replace the wood, so for $110 more i get a whole parts kit....i have had bar experiences with sarco, so im hoping this time will be better...last time they sent a NOS uzi wood stock and had 0 packaging materials, so it got all hacked up from the metal parts in the box....i suspect ill be disappointed. but they seemed to have the nicest parts kit w/ the best reviews ( i know they control the reviews)

so i should be sporting wood on my C308 next week

mags are still dirt cheap too.

UZI Talk Supporter
    you can get one here for $419 after rebate

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/670627056

crazy...doesnt come with the extra 6 mags i got, but what a bargain!

here's one someone is winning for $400

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/668365153

Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    i bought a Cetme parts kit from Sarco for $148 w/ free shipping last night...i want to replace the wood, so for $110 more i get a whole parts kit....
    <snip>
    If it's a real CETME kit, the trigger pack is different, the bolt carrier is different ... There are several major differences but as long as you replace the entire component I think you'll be ok ... The stock is the same but it sticks in my mind that there is something about the front pin in the handguard ... Oh and the rear site on the CETME is a 4-paddle thing instead of diopter

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    If it's a real CETME kit, the trigger pack is different, the bolt carrier is different ... There are several major differences but as long as you replace the entire component I think you'll be ok ... The stock is the same but it sticks in my mind that there is something about the front pin in the handguard ... Oh and the rear site on the CETME is a 4-paddle thing instead of diopter
    The c308 is supposed to be made from a cetme parts kit. So I think the bolt, etc are the same. The forgrip is held w a screw not a pin. Hoping to swap b butt stock wood with c308. Hoping to just swap buffers

Ill be shooting it Sunday. Curious how it compares to my FAL. I should bring both to compare

I think your thinking of one of century arms older offerings. They had a hk based gun many years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    The c308 is supposed to be made from a cetme parts kit. So I think the bolt, etc are the same.
    <snip>
    I think your thinking of one of century arms older offerings. They had a hk based gun many years ago
    Your right, I haven't had a shotgun news in years but they started using CETME kits quite a while back.
    I've heard some horror stories too but like someone said, most seemed to be by people that had a hardon for Century.

A couple years ago I bought a C93 (HK) style pistol ... ugly but worked fine once I changed the locking piece ... it had one for a 16" barrel, in semi it was fine but with my registered seat it would jamb.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    Your right, I haven't had a shotgun news in years but they started using CETME kits quite a while back.
    I've heard some horror stories too but like someone said, most seemed to be by people that had a hardon for Century.

A couple years ago I bought a C93 (HK) style pistol ... ugly but worked fine once I changed the locking piece ... it had one for a 16" barrel, in semi it was fine but with my registered seat it would jamb.
    it appears i got lucky with a good bolt gap and an unground bolt...most of the internals look new-ish...so its passed 1 test so far....its not as F'd up as some are.....now it just needs to shoot

Century is not a great company...they are not 100% perfection.....but i believe most people are happy with their products....they just have a few haters......the ones that are happy are silent...the ones who are angry complain all over the internet....my AK from them is great....they didnt make it, only import it...but id buy it again all day long...it was a bargain as is my C308

UZI Talk Supporter
    Range report. 100 rounds. Sight are 10" high at 35 yards
    Group was good though
    After 40 rounds it was hot as hell. Gave it a break after every 20 to shoot 2 mags out of my mac

Last mag I got a double shot. Never had that before
    Dangerous issue with the gun or round cooking off? Foregrip so hot I couldn't barely touch it

Did you take the bolt apart and clean the shit out of the FP and it's channel before you shot it?

+ Reply to Thread