UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: anyone own a C308?

UZI Talk Supporter
    Gun was cleaned to perfection. Also well oiled.

I'd say 25 mins to shoot 100 rounds. Last 40 rounds were continuous and double shot was on round 96

Happened so fast I had to ask others to verify they heard a double

Sounds like a common issue w a broke firing pin or worn firing pin spring. Ordered a new hk spring and pin

Part of buying a parts gun I guess

Ive got the sight adjustment tool coming. Hoping it can adjust 10"
    Last edited by Battering ram NIB; 07-23-2017 at 03:34 PM.

one other thing.

take the grip frame off and see if there's any wobble in the trigger pack that would basically give it enough play to bump fire .

I had an old cetme from 15 or so years ago that would do it and the pocket where the pack sits was beat to shit. things might seem "new" but most of the time it's just really clean or a good paint job.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StooperZero View Post
    one other thing.

take the grip frame off and see if there's any wobble in the trigger pack that would basically give it enough play to bump fire .

I had an old cetme from 15 or so years ago that would do it and the pocket where the pack sits was beat to shit. things might seem "new" but most of the time it's just really clean or a good paint job.
    no play..i had to wiggle it a bunch just to get it back in...trigger pack really looks minty....almost no wear except on the sides from pulling in/out...looks brand new...i see a weld, so i assume they modified it for SA

firing pin spring really is weak...i dont have another to compare to, but its got almost no tension...

think the sights will adjust 10" down??....shot the first 5 shots and didnt even hit paper...WTF....shot at the bottom of the 11x14 target and finally hit near the top...shot at the bulls eye of a 11x14 target below and got the center of the target above...its accurate...my shots were all in the black and this is w/o a sandbag at 35 yards...id say 2" or less group...ive got a sight adjusting tool coming...cheek weld is bad too...the stock is too low...im hoping the cetme stock will fit me better...

trigger is horrible....for a rapid shot at a 25 yard full size human...you got him every time....for a slow fire long range detail shot....its painful going through the length of the pull...worst trigger i own....thought my PAP was bad when i got it....this is worse

did a bolt gap test again.. .011.......i ordered a +4 roller set along with the firing pin spring...i figure why not...a .016 gap would be nicer

Fp spring should fix it.
    You should be able to fix the aiming issue no problem.

If you're bored you can take the whole pack apart and polish up all the contact areas with a dremel polishing wheel/polishing compound, helps a bit- some places used to charge around $60 to do it.

The trigger pull is horrible in every CETME I've shot. Not sure if it would be better to fix it or replace it.

UZI Talk Supporter
    ive got the time...plus i enjoy doing that stuff...i made my PAP AK into probably a 3lb trigger....its as good as a colt gold cup!!

i will spend some time on it...why not....after getting such a great deal on the gun i hate to put $450 back into it and have a $900 gun....with the parts kit and firing pin/spring/+4 rollers im already at $190 extra into it now....the good deal becomes stupid...ive learned this before....bought a Beretta 92 for $300...then with grips, a new mag(old one didnt work) and new springs im pushing $450....when for $450 i could have gotten a new one.....stupid to buy used stuff and put hundreds into it....i can never just accept one of these types of guns as is...i always have to improve or make it more original....

id like to buy a steel trigger housing......probably will after i get it shooting right....then ill have $700 into the gun and a full parts kit......

one shocking thing about this gun i cant figure out...why it gets so damn hot????? i thought my suppressed M16 was bad...this is 2x worse...and its dirty as hell...no gas system, so i assumed it would be cleaner than other rifles....dirty as hell after 100 rounds...i did oil the hell out of the bolt as per a few internet video's

the gas "floats" the case . simple as that.

UZI Talk Supporter
    ill have to watch some video's tomorrow...i have a very basic understanding on how the rollers and wedge hold it closed, but not so much on what makes it open up and release

one thing funny i noticed about this gun is how the cases dont fall in the same spot...is this normal....some fly 1 direction, some another....ive watched video's of it firing and it is the same...every gun i own shoots it out in almost the same exact spot...with this gun there is no pattern....

Cases fly all over the place; ejections are very violent.
    CETME/HK guns are notoriously dirty,cases will have "stripes" from gases&residue in the chamber flutes.
    They are,despite the above "problems", reliable.

UZI Talk Supporter
    did a bit of a trigger job...probably improved by 33% or so...still sucks, but a bit less so....
    Last edited by Battering ram NIB; 07-24-2017 at 12:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread