UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Omega om9 sear hosts

UZI Talk Life Member

Omega om9 sear hosts

For those who have them...(link below) have you had any problems with them or any other concerns? All the guys at HK pro will try talk me into comverting a POF/mke which is a pain In the dick or buy some super tactical Dakota tactical Monstrosity.

Thoughts?

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp...ve-detail.html

UZI Talk Supporter

I have an Omega 9K. It works great with my host. I originally started out with the Zenith Z-5P MKE Pistol, but quickly found there were a few issues with it. 1. You have to remove a welded block to allow a full auto trigger pack to fit. 2. A standard full auto bolt carrier cannot be used (there's another block that does not allow clearance). That being said there are ways around that (not that I'm providing any advice or advocating the modification) but it is possible.

Now, going into this, I was a bit of a novice and foolishly thought no big deal, these are both easy changes. Doing some research, I found that the ATF required those two changes for importation as the MKE's are brought in from Turkey. Trying to find out if I could legally modify the host, I contacted both Atlantic and Zenith and neither of course could provide "legal" advice one way or the other. The conclusion I came to is that it's a gray area. Some people do it, some don't. I found numerous internet arguments both for and against and realized that I wasn't going to obtain a definitive answer. In my case, to better be safe than sorry, I left it alone and purchased an Omega, which has worked great. My Omega accepts a full auto BC and no modification needed for my trigger pack to function.

Personally, I have 0 problems with my Zenith, it's a super fun semi and is extremely reliable. If I could ever find out that it was ok to modify the host, I'd pick up a ZENITH Z-43 P MKE PISTOL in a heart beat.

Good luck!

Rob

UZI Talk Supporter
    I wish I had a sear/trigger pack to put in my Omega, so I can't comment on it as a sear host. However, I can say that the one I bought is a beautifully crafted firearm and a joy to shoot. I would not hesitate to buy it again.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I have a Omega OM9 Pistol.

It has been excellent. It runs like a sewing machine with a registered trigger pack!! No mods needed. Install trigger pack and go!!

Stay Safe,
    Glockdude1.........................

"If War is HELL, Take a better Pitchfork than the DEVIL!!!"

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Hey CC,

I've had a number of the earlier version of these guns (Coharie) and they have worked just fine. I'm confident you'll be happy with them. Nothing against my HK lovin' friends, but they are a bit of a picky (aka snobbish) bunch sometimes.
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37 View Post
    Hey CC,

I've had a number of the earlier version of these guns (Coharie) and they have worked just fine. I'm confident you'll be happy with them. Nothing against my HK lovin' friends, but they are a bit of a picky (aka snobbish) bunch sometimes.
    My thoughts exactly!

+1 to the Omega. I purchased a stripped receiver from Atlantic to build a reverse stretch on. I have yet to find an issue with it, everything was in spec and the welds were great.

Man, I haven't been on this site in a while.

Anyway, I own 3 Omegas, an OM-9 (MP5), an OM-9K (MP5K), and an OM-9SD (MP5SD).

The OM-9 and OM-9K run well (though I did have to send my OM-9 back for repair due to an issue with how the mag was seating, but Atlantic and Omega turned it around very quickly). I can't say much about my SD as I'm still waiting for my SD can's stamp to come back (hopefully in another month or 2).

One thing I'd recommend that you look at if you want an Omega (and really, if any of you own any other clones, including some of the ones by bigger name builders) is the MAD MAX MP5 bolt head. They are a bit pricey, at around $300, but it's been night and day on my Omega since I replaced it. The improved extractor has massively cut down any ejection or feeding issues on my guns, even with cheap Korean mags. I eventually plan to replace the bolt heads on my other Omegas and my old Coharies/Special Weapons guns... as soon as I can justify dropping another $1500 on bolt heads (maybe they'll give me a bulk discount).

Is there are any other makers of the HK clones that have the trigger pack front take town pin?
    I am starting to plan for next years gun purchase and am getting interested in a reverse stretch clone pistol but I don't want to buy one of the many unreliable makes.

I ran into the Zenith models and love how they disassemble the same as the originals (trigger pack housing pins) but they "fail" to make a reverse stretch.
    Don't try to educate me on Clipped and Pinned. I have one on my HK-33 clone.

Thanks

BISHOP

+ Reply to Thread