UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: StG44

UZI Talk Life Member

StG44

This is such a sweet shooting Assault Rifle.
    https://youtu.be/5cGD8mCLgmA
    Richard Hoffman
    Gunsmith/Owner

BWE Firearms & UZI HQ
    Longwood, FL
    (407) 592-3975
    www.bwefirearms.com
    www.bweparts.com
    richard@bwefirearms.com

UZI Talk Life Member
    Want.

Great gun, great fun, it was first on my list. My Dad was a Paratrooper, 17th ABN Div in WW2 and told me that he carried a captured MP43 along with his issue folding stock. M1A1 carbine that was in a case on his we gear. So I had to have one. I have an MP44. The MP43, MP44 and STG44 are all basically the same thing. I shoot the heck out of it. I reload and even shoot cast bullets since Hornady 125 grain 8mm became hard to get.

But, I a really looking forward to getting my Uzi back, it will be a new gun when Richard is done with it.

Pat

These are great weapons with plenty of history associated with them. The only 'issue' we had was ammo. We spent more time policing our brass than shooting the weapon. Even then, we always lost some casings on each outing.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MG34_Dan View Post
    These are great weapons with plenty of history associated with them. The only 'issue' we had was ammo. We spent more time policing our brass than shooting the weapon. Even then, we always lost some casings on each outing.
    I need to make a brass catcher for mine so it doesn't take so long to police up the brass.
    Richard Hoffman
    Gunsmith/Owner

BWE Firearms & UZI HQ
    Longwood, FL
    (407) 592-3975
    www.bwefirearms.com
    www.bweparts.com
    richard@bwefirearms.com

Probably the most enjoyable MG I've shot. Got warned away by a really high volume MG Rental Range owner to stay away if I wanted to shoot it regularly several times a week. Replacement parts are difficult to find and getting even harder with no new parts being manufactured. The trigger mechanism is apparently very complex with unique parts and always ends up breaking on his guns. And the ammo is getting impossible to find at an "affordable" price. The newer brass cased PRVI stuff uses a different rim angle which causes malfunctions... but the rumor is the new HMG STG44 guns have a ejector that you can swap onto original guns to more reliably run the newer brass cased ammo.

Broke my heart a little... but it became obvious that I should spend the time/cash on a M16A1 or HK sear instead.

I think that many would not agree with all that your Rental Range man told you about the MP44. True that Parts kits are sky high now, but most parts are readily available. Also, pats are now being made in the USA. The K98 Forum has a number of threads on the MP44, the PTR44 and the new parts being made. When it comes to the MP44, John Andrewski and Pete Fleis are the ones to talk to. Pete is the expert on the PTR44, he has fixed ones that John Andrewki gave up on.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson184 View Post
    Probably the most enjoyable MG I've shot. Got warned away by a really high volume MG Rental Range owner to stay away if I wanted to shoot it regularly several times a week. Replacement parts are difficult to find and getting even harder with no new parts being manufactured. The trigger mechanism is apparently very complex with unique parts and always ends up breaking on his guns. And the ammo is getting impossible to find at an "affordable" price. The newer brass cased PRVI stuff uses a different rim angle which causes malfunctions... but the rumor is the new HMG STG44 guns have a ejector that you can swap onto original guns to more reliably run the newer brass cased ammo.

Broke my heart a little... but it became obvious that I should spend the time/cash on a M16A1 or HK sear instead.

NICE!!!!

+ Reply to Thread