UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The MK 760 feeding problem

The MK 760 feeding problem

I had a NFA one for years. Didn't work, send it into MK Arms, and still didn't work. I played around with different 9mm. Found the answer. I was selling ammo at the time. I was at a machine gun shoot, and talking to some guys shooting the MK760. I asked it they worked, no was the answer. I told them I could fix them. To tell me if I was right. As expected they came back and told me I was right. Some times it is just the little things in life.

I guess I'll ask, so what's your magic fix?

???

???

some mk760 guns have lots of forward/backward play at mag lockup. Lots of people tend to grab the mag under the magwell to shoot and without thinking pull rearward on the mag. This can decrease the feed angle up to and past a point where reliable continuous feeding will not happen. another factor is where there mags lockup heightwise. There is an old MGN article called "Performance surgery for the MK760" by MG Kelly that discusses all these feeding issues and goes into detail about things to do to enhance correct mag lockup and to reduce as much friction as possible all thru the feeding cycle.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I just wrap 2 fingers around the housing let the mag "flop" seems to run fine. I also tell people i let shoot it that its not a target gun yank the trigger on/off.
    Def in one ear ecated in the other

Been gone. Does any one have a Mk760 that isn't running right? When I first got mine I send it back to MKA. They returned it after tightening the mag catch. Still didn't work. I haven't been around any for a while. As far as I know there isn't one in the Anchorage/Fairbanks area. I haven't seen any at our shoots. I notice the price of NFA MK760's seem low compare to most machine guns. I was wondering if there where many having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SHURESHOT View Post
    I just wrap 2 fingers around the housing let the mag "flop" seems to run fine. I also tell people i let shoot it that its not a target gun yank the trigger on/off.
    Yes, I read somewhere that one should pull and release the trigger unlike squeezing it like a pistol or rifle trying to get an accurate aimed shot. True or not, I don't know and I can't remember where I read it but I have heard it before.......

Quote Originally Posted by r View Post
    some mk760 guns have lots of forward/backward play at mag lockup. Lots of people tend to grab the mag under the magwell to shoot and without thinking pull rearward on the mag. This can decrease the feed angle up to and past a point where reliable continuous feeding will not happen. another factor is where there mags lockup heightwise. There is an old MGN article called "Performance surgery for the MK760" by MG Kelly that discusses all these feeding issues and goes into detail about things to do to enhance correct mag lockup and to reduce as much friction as possible all thru the feeding cycle.
    Interested in this old MGN article. Anyone with a copy out there, or issue number?

+ Reply to Thread