UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 300 BO suppressed---wow is all i can say

UZI Talk Supporter

300 BO suppressed---wow is all i can say

got my .300 BO AR Pistol from PSA....Finally got around to shooting it...plan on my 12 year old daughter using it for deer hunting.....after sighting it in with 125 grain i switched to 220 subsonic and a octane .45 suppressor....i am just amazed...quietest ive ever heard out of that octane....id compare it to a .22lr....no kick....8.5" barrel....no noticable gas in the face....only ran 40 rounds of subsonic ..gun is pretty clean!!.............if you dont own one i recommend getting an upper for your M16 or AR....it had probably 1/2 the sound i was expecting....damn near no headphones

i cant wait to toss this upper on my M16....ammo cost is the only issue from this becoming my favorite gun to shoot......and im not interested in reloading..ive done that too much

question: is .300 blackout subsonic considered a subgun or a rifle? can you compete with .300 blackout in subgun competitions?...pretty much feels like a .45 subgun and grain/velocity are almost the same too....

i may sell the pistol lower as i hate how tight the handicap arm brace thing..its just too short to shoulder....you have to do an odd stance and put your head way back to use the sights....but the upper is a keeper for my M16

UZI Talk Life Member
    Maybe get a longer buffer tube and add this Gearhead Works sling brace?

Fresh on the market.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Are you not afraid to shoulder a arm brace you could get arrested by the SBR police. 300 BO is only considered a subgun while it is NIB once you shoot it the it becomes a rifle.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Personally I'm not afraid, then again I don't own an AR/AK pistol.

Tempted to SBR a 6920 but for .556 I think the 16+" barrel is best. The .300 with an 8-9" barrel would be nice but I dont care enough to spend. Same thing with a 9mm AR.

Just picked up my Omega last week. I was very impressed with .300 blackout and subsonic.

UZI Talk Supporter
    i own a AK and AR pistol with these arm braces...i shoulder them both....as does 99.9% of others that buy them.....

its very awkward though...they need to make them longer and cheat some more...i suspect that will be next as no one will pay for the SBR stamp anymore...the arm braces must be killing the SBR market

SBR police dont come to my personal gun range 800 yards into my property

if they do ill hand it to them and let them try it out...if they arrest me i will ask them if all the crime has been solved and this is all they have left to do?

UZI Talk Life Member
    300 Blackout is a rifle caliber and not a pistol caliber. You will not be able to shoot it in subgun matches.
    Richard Hoffman
    Gunsmith/Owner

BWE Firearms & BWE Parts
    Longwood, FL
    (407) 592-3975
    www.bwefirearms.com
    www.bweparts.com
    richard@bwefirearms.com

UZI Talk Life Member
    I have an SBR'd .300 BO, 8.25" barrel, suppressed (Silencerco Saker 762). It's a joy to shoot.
    Now hosting: www.MAC-11.info

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BWE Firearms View Post
    300 Blackout is a rifle caliber and not a pistol caliber. You will not be able to shoot it in subgun matches.
    I figured. I'd bet my local gun shop would let me shoot it indoors though

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Concorde View Post
    I have an SBR'd .300 BO, 8.25" barrel, suppressed (Silencerco Saker 762). It's a joy to shoot.
    A joy except to the wallet.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey... View Post
    Maybe get a longer buffer tube and add this Gearhead Works sling brace?

Fresh on the market.
    I thought I read in the new-new brace ruling that modifying the buffer tube or other components to facilitate the shouldering of a brace was a no-no. It will take a reread to be certain.
    God, Family, Guns.....Life is Good! ROMANS 10:9-10

UZI Talk Life Member
    Just put on the longest tube available. Attach brace. Nothing modified.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey... View Post
    Just put on the longest tube available. Attach brace. Nothing modified.
    Per atf letter, it's kinda grey I'm just looking out for ya buddy .

If, however, the shooter/possessor takes affirmative steps to configure the device for use as a shoulder-stock — for example, configuring the brace so as to permanently affix it to the end of a buffer tube, (thereby creating a length that has no other purpose than to facilitate its use as a stock) I didn't add the parentheses either, that's all atf.

It's the length sentence I remember. Not permanently affixed in your situation, but I avoid all grey area when it comes to nfa or gun laws in general. I'd rather be safe than an accidental felon.
    God, Family, Guns.....Life is Good! ROMANS 10:9-10

UZI Talk Life Member
    I hear ya.

I like shooting my sbr upper with subs. Tends to be on my HD list. After I built my integral, it's a world better performance than my old 9mm can.

The sound performance is at or maybe even better than a good 9mm now while using subs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZR4Mbhf0h0

Just bought a 300 BO upper in 10.5" and some 220 grain ammo. Waiting on an adapter to attach my MAC 10 two stage suppressor.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WKM View Post
    Just bought a 300 BO upper in 10.5" and some 220 grain ammo. Waiting on an adapter to attach my MAC 10 two stage suppressor.
    you will be impressed...why did you go with a 10.5 vs a 8.5?

curious....from what ive read the 8.5 is all it needs for max velocity

8.5 is all that is needed for max velocity.

However, if you are going to be running a can, the extra couple of inches allows for better sound suppression because it gives the powder more time for complete burn and makes for a more quiet setup.

I was looking at Primary Arms email and there it was so I ordered it. Been wanting a 300 BO for a while. Ordered an adapter from USMG for the MAC suppressor. The MAC two stage can is big. Can't wait to try it. My first AR was 45 ACP. I SBR'd that to 7.5" and can use the MAC can or a Gemtech Blackside on it.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MPA guy View Post
    8.5 is all that is needed for max velocity.

However, if you are going to be running a can, the extra couple of inches allows for better sound suppression because it gives the powder more time for complete burn and makes for a more quiet setup.
    after shooting mine with a 8.5 barrel its hard to believe it could be more quiet....no experience on it...it was the quietest ive ever heard anything besides a suppressed 22 lr shoot....i could shoot the 300 bo in my back yard and none of my neighbors would figure it out if i just popped a squirrel or rabbit....almost sounds like an air rifle

+ Reply to Thread