UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zenith Firearms

Zenith Firearms

For those interested in HK products, look at the new offerings from Zenith Firearms.
    I picked up a Z5P and it is damn close to the quality of a German HK. The fit and finish is excellent. As a matter of fact, the dealer said he has two at a full auto range with registered trigger packs (and yes, I am aware of the modifications required) and they have seen over 100k rds each with no problems.
    I was so satisfied with the Z5P that I'm going to pickup a Z5RS in the near future.
    As soon (estimated shipping the end of Sept. 2017) as the SBT5K is available, I'm ordering one for the little guy and the other model for the RS.
    With the braces installed, these things are real close to an SBR w/o the hassle. And they come in a fitted hard case, 3mags, cleaning kit and other accessories.

+1 on the Z5P. I love mine. Such a nice smooth shooter. Flawless finish. Form 1 paperwork submitted.

I have a sbt5k brace from a zenith, I was going to sell once my form 1 came. I will sell it, but I thought they were readily available?

Zenith clones rock! I love mine. Keep your brace for out of state travel.

UZI Talk Life Member
    A BIG +1 for MKE/Zenith
    "For civilians, semi-auto is like sex with your wife. Full auto is like sex at the Playboy mansion. They serve different purposes." -RoverDave
    President & Founder : UZI Shooters of America

UZI Talk Life Member
    If Zenith is the same as MKE, the shooters here love their MP5 clones! One of my team mates runs one and I'm sure he has shot 20K rounds through it, probably even more! He does maintain it pretty good though, exchanging bolt parts when needed and such.
    KCR SubGun ROI | 3Gun Range Officer | DSC/IPSC MD
    Norinco M320 | LAMAR Multical AR15 | Mod 1 Firearms Glock 34 | DoubleStar 3Gun AR15 | Lage Mfg MAX-31 | Norinco CQ311
    APS 506 | NPSA 08-P69

UZI Talk Supporter
    I couldn't be happier with mine.....

I consider the fit/finish to be as good as HK's.....although some will disagree.......IMHO,the double PP lower,3-lug/threaded bbl, and paddle release place them ahead of HK's current offerings.

Last 9mm MP-5 "clone" I owned was actualy the 5th "Bobcat" BW-5 made.....and there is literally no comparison as far as quality/function goes.

I've really only done 2 things to mine I consider an improvement.....1 was slightly radiusing/polishing the bottom/rear edge of the bolt carrier....which made a substantial difference when charging ......and "rounding" the contact surface on the friction sear.....Zenith leaves them in their pack.....and it's constantly rubbing on the hammer....at a slightly different angle than normal (since the FA sear notch isn't present on the Zenith or US Made hammers). It seemed to give the trigger a crisper reset....and overall better feel....

As mine sits today....no optics or other stuff.....I'm a bit of a purist....

UZI Talk Life Member
    ^^VERY nice!
    I am going to AOW my Z-5P it to get a classic (old school) MP5K look-a-like SA.

I will keep the 3-lug/threaded bbl. for suppressor use.
    "For civilians, semi-auto is like sex with your wife. Full auto is like sex at the Playboy mansion. They serve different purposes." -RoverDave
    President & Founder : UZI Shooters of America

UZI Talk Supporter

I got one of the Z5-P's back in 2015 with crooked sights, but Zenith took care of that. All stamped up, it's a fun SBR. Generally a rock solid product, but with excellent customer service to back it up. Just put in an order for the -RS just to round out the collection.

+ Reply to Thread