UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Selling Price for HK Clone

UZI Talk Supporter

Selling Price for HK Clone

Need some help to determine fair market price for a G3 style semi-auto. I am not one to watch the used gun market and I realize the current situation kind of screws up the market, but best guess estimates are appreciated. I am also asking this question about two other rifles, an FN and a D-Max carbine. Those requests are posted in The Other Firearms Forum.

OK, here is the information: Rifle is an FMP, XG3S, in .308 Cal, imported by PARS International. It has green parkerized finish with 19.5 inch barrel. It is marked with what I believe is a date of manufacture of 5/89. I have the original thumb hole stock, a collapsible stock, a worn standard straight stock. All of the furniture is green, except for the collapsible stock, which is black. I consider the gun to be in very good to excellent condition, except for the standard stock which is in fair condition. The pistol grip has several small scratches, which are not readily visible. The rifle also has a black carrying handle on it. A proper sight adjustment tool is included with the rifle, as well as an instruction manual. I have 1 five round steel magazine and 4 20 round aluminum magazines. Three of these are marked HK and the fourth is marked FMP. This rifle has less than 200 rds through it. It is my understanding the FMP is one of the best clones as they were built under license from H&K. Any suggested price for this package would be appreciated.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I can't suggest a price, but I can suggest that you post photos of the gun so people more knowledgable than me can actually see the condition of the firearm.

UZI Talk Supporter

Pictures

Name:  002.JPG
Views: 183
Size:  150.7 KB

Name:  001.JPG
Views: 182
Size:  113.6 KB

Name:  003.JPG
Views: 181
Size:  161.0 KB

I would venture to put the pricing at 1800 to 2400. As you seem to suggest, the market has been soft since Trump took office. That changed for about a week after the Vegas shooting, as not only were bump fires the hot ticket, but I noticed some price increases on the black rifle stuff.

I would compare yours to the quality of a Greek EBO. In the good times, price would have been 2400. They fell just under an actual HK. Funny thing is, depending on the seller, I have seen 91's gor for less than 2k at times. Most owners seem to be expecting closer to 3k now. Not sayin' they are getting it, they just seem to be listing or Buy It Now for around that mark.

Whatever you do, figure the "least amount" you would be happy with and list with a Reserve. I listed a VERY nice L1A1 on Enterprise Buena Park receiver and had expected $1400. Got $1,000. I did not put a Reserve. Not totally unhappy, but would have preferred at least 1200 for it.

Your competition at this time is the PTR G.I. model, which are going for under 1k. It isn't that they are the same quality or provenance, but they are decent, work and have a manufacturer who will fix and stand behind the product. All for >$1,000.

Watch this listing. It is an EBO. I would say that his sell price might be about 10-20% less than your sell price, under the same conditions. I give his the discount only because the Springfield Armory EBOs come up more often than FMP's like yours. Some people have preferences. Both rifles suffer from questionable "upgrades" as many were originally imported post ban with thumbhole stocks.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/710325634
    Last edited by AmEngRifles; 10-24-2017 at 11:03 AM.

For what it is worth, a XG3S is a post-ban rifle and needs to comply to 922r, so what you have is probably illegal as it stands now. You might be able to contact PARS and see if yours was brought in before the ban, but I think all that were stamped with the "X" are post ban. The EBO overstamp SAR3/8s fall into the same category, but some of the early ones were brought in before the ban. Springfield used to be very good with telling you when a certain serial number was brought over, not sure if that is still true, as I haven't had one in 5+ years.

As far as pricing goes, I usually sell HK91s for $2250 (1-2 a month). Your collapsible stock is worth about $200, so I would ask $1350 for your gun once you get the 922r sorted.

Mit
    Rugu LLC

Quote Originally Posted by mit View Post
    For what it is worth, a XG3S is a post-ban rifle and needs to comply to 922r, so what you have is probably illegal as it stands now. You might be able to contact PARS and see if yours was brought in before the ban, but I think all that were stamped with the "X" are post ban. The EBO overstamp SAR3/8s fall into the same category, but some of the early ones were brought in before the ban. Springfield used to be very good with telling you when a certain serial number was brought over, not sure if that is still true, as I haven't had one in 5+ years.
    As far as pricing goes, I usually sell HK91s for $2250 (1-2 a month). Your collapsible stock is worth about $200, so I would ask $1350 for your gun once you get the 922r sorted.
    Mit
    Rugu LLC
    922r only applies to manufacturing not possession.

UZI Talk Supporter

Think this thread is about dead, thanks everyone who responded, it was very helpful.

+ Reply to Thread