UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Barrel Welding? Co-joining? Is it possible?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Posts #16 & 18 wtf!! How about this- you need a 9mm chamber with about 1/4 inch of barrel, just enough to catch the brass in the chamber.. if it’s short enough that junk should blast the steel clear of the barrel.. could probably go a bit longer.. would be interesting to see in slow motion. A slight choke could make the load mushroom and spit that steel out! Interesting round!

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    9mm barrel and solder in a .22 barrel liner. Find a shot out m16 barrel and turn it to fit the 9mm barrel
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

UZI Talk Supporter
    Brownells has 22 liners pretty cheap.
    That plastic still has to go somewhere; not sure it wouldn't cause pressure problems.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
    I refer to the projectile being steel! A lead ball is either patched for a tight fit to the rifling or in the case of a BP revolver the ball is sized to fit the bbl because it doesn't have to be shoved down it during loading. Those do spin, a steel ball without anything like a sabot or patch either has to be undersized to fit, or it will soon destroy the rifling if it is actually engaging it. Hence no spin. I seem to recall reports of folks firing this in their regular 9mm bbls and getting dents in the rifling as the hard steel ball bounced down the bore.
    I should have stated that round balls can be caused to spin.
    My apologies.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Ratski was around a dozen years ago were we buying four cases of the Swede gallery ammo for $100 rounds delivered and he knows about this ammo. We’d shoot up the ammo and sell the strippers for as much or more than the cost of the ammo. Ahhh, the good old days. A couple of people made and sold the subcal barrels but demand ended when the ammo dried up. The problem with the .22 barrel liners is the BB is 5mm and is a lose fit plus ricochets were a real concern with the steel bbs.

Maybe try Luis Morales? He was selling these a decade ago.
    (956)821-5286
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas SMG View Post
    Ratski was around a dozen years ago were we buying four cases of the Swede gallery ammo for $100 rounds delivered and he knows about this ammo. We’d shoot up the ammo and sell the strippers for as much or more than the cost of the ammo. Ahhh, the good old days. A couple of people made and sold the subcal barrels but demand ended when the ammo dried up. The problem with the .22 barrel liners is the BB is 5mm and is a lose fit plus ricochets were a real concern with the steel bbs.

Maybe try Luis Morales? He was selling these a decade ago.
    (956)821-5286
    Yes, the good old days.

This stuff was stupid cheap and I bought it cheap and stacked it deep!!

I have a couple of barrels still, just every once in a while I think about "what happens when my last barrel dies".

I don't think Luis has any left, nor makes any more.

I do have a lead on someone who is thinking about using a .204 Ruger insert, but the wait time to start is about a year.

Dave
    Common Sense is the Least Common of all Man's Senses.

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ratski View Post
    Yes, the good old days.

This stuff was stupid cheap and I bought it cheap and stacked it deep!!

I have a couple of barrels still, just every once in a while I think about "what happens when my last barrel dies".

I don't think Luis has any left, nor makes any more.

I do have a lead on someone who is thinking about using a .204 Ruger insert, but the wait time to start is about a year.

Dave
    What firearm do you need it for? I know Rusty (who made the barrels for Louis) still had some a few years ago.
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chili17 View Post
    What firearm do you need it for? I know Rusty (who made the barrels for Louis) still had some a few years ago.
    I'd like to get at least one (maybe more) for the Uzi. I have a few, but I have a shit ton of the ammo.
    I'd really like to see if there is a possibility of getting a barrel for the Colt platform.

I think I have a custom barrel for the M11 platform, but wouldn't mind having one for that.

If you can put me in contact with him to check, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Dave
    Common Sense is the Least Common of all Man's Senses.

+ Reply to Thread