UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sterling mags

UZI Talk Life Member

Sterling mags

Who is selling good sterling mags right now? Anyone have a good source? Not looking for NIB/unused, but simply decent looking, functional and reliable mags at a reasonable price.

Apex. They have a pile of them, good shape/quality, decent price.

UZI Talk Supporter
    ive gotten some from Apex that were awesome,brand new condition...and some that were so bad i resold them as junkers...

many of the NIW ones are rusted out....ive bought probably 100 of these now....sold most, some as flawless for top dollar, resold the junkers for what i paid.......just a warning of whats out there....might want to buy double and sort them out....or have them refinished (thats what one of my customers did with NIW/rusted ones)..got them for 1/2 price and cerakoted them...they were brand new inside, just 1 of the sides outside was nasty as hell

Sarges had some nice ones also...they may be out, but his were very minty (not the junker that comes with his parts kit)----he had ones not listed on his website he sold on the side

Apex Mag 10 mag deal

APEX use to sell 10 mags for $200, I did get one in the lot with a lot of rust, APEX replaced it with no BS involved.

Mags need to be cleaned and maybe a few need mag lip adjustments - but I've been really happy. Still waiting for my sterling to jam or misfire - 7000 rounds and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by wtrski76 View Post
    Who is selling good sterling mags right now? Anyone have a good source? Not looking for NIB/unused, but simply decent looking, functional and reliable mags at a reasonable price.
    I'm not sure what Mark's current stock level is, but @ $49.00 for new in wrap...IMO it's a much safer purchase than buying used and hoping you don't have to cull any due to bent feed lips, etc.

The last time I made a purchase, he also gave a modest volume discount and he charges actual shipping...Priority Mail

http://gunthings.com/

Click on "Submachine guns" and then scroll down to the Sterling "section" and you'll see the NIW mags along with some other Sterling bits.

UZI Talk Supporter
    When I was buying niw mags and reselling them 1/2 my hand selected mags from a supplier had rust. I bought some for next to nothing rusted horribly and yet niw

Niw is nice but w pics. These mags are painted not parkerized or blued. All about how they are stored. I got $100 each for flawless niw and sold them all. I made thousands on those

Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    When I was buying niw mags and reselling them 1/2 my hand selected mags from a supplier had rust. I bought some for next to nothing rusted horribly and yet niw

Niw is nice but w pics. These mags are painted not parkerized or blued. All about how they are stored. I got $100 each for flawless niw and sold them all. I made thousands on those
    Mark at GunThings is more than happy to open each wrapper to check for corrosion on the magazines...in fact he has done just that on each of my Sterling mag orders. He will ask at the time of order if your preference is for him to check the mags or to ship them sealed...makes the purchase a no-brainer IMO...because unissued mags beat used mags every time

+ Reply to Thread