UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I picked up my Galil GAP556SB pistol today and

I picked up my Galil GAP556SB pistol today and

am very impressed. The build quality is excellent and I was able to keep the three round groups between touching (1/4") and 1/2" at 25 yards during the sight in with Federal mk262 .77 gr.. I know it is only a pistol, but it appears that it should definitely be accurate out to 200, if needed, on a siloutte target if one takes poa and poi in to account.
    So, here is my question. What red dot sight will either lower 1/3 co-witness or have a see through mount that allows me to see the original sights? I am not interested in junk. Ideas or sights you have actually used. Thanks.

UPDATE: I have run approximately 150 rounds through the gun and it is 100%, no malfunctions. I bought a Sig Sauer Romeo4S sight and it is very nice. Mine has (4) reticles that include a variety of crosshair configurations, two, surrounded by a 65 moa circle. The sight also allows me to look underneath it to use the original sights. I have it sighted in and shot a 1 5/8" group at 100 yards. I was also able to make all of my torso shots on a steel siloutte at 200 yards. For a pistol with a 8.3" barrel, I AM IMPRESSED !!! The sight is also NV compatible. Overall, I am extremely confident with this set up as a very compact; vehicle, CQB, and home defense type weapon. If we can get caught up, I am hoping to do a review video on the entire system to post on our Check Six Training web site. I.W.I. hit another home run.

Pics!

Ask and ye shall receive.

Here is a picture the way I have it set up. I also have a 300 lumen light on it, enough for inside operation without creating washout.
    Attached Images  

UZI Talk Supporter
    Very, VERY nice. CONGRATS!

This gun continues to impress me. My neighbor wanted a little consulting today while he was shooting his LMT AR-15 with an Elcan scope. During the process he challenged me to shoot my Galil "pistol" out to the same 350 yards he was shooting his gun. I slapped a bi-pod on the Galil and shot a (3) round 4 1/4" group on a metal siloutte with an unmagnified sight. It's a "pistol"......that continues to impress me. This gun loves .77 gr Mk262.
    Last edited by Tackelbarry; 11-14-2017 at 07:09 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Sweet!
    "I was rather hostile to a reduced calibre being used by us. Even now, I am still convinced that the 7.62 is the best" M. Kalashnikov

+ Reply to Thread