UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: S&W 76 dedicated suppressor

S&W 76 dedicated suppressor

I am looking for one of these, I believe AWC and Gemtech used to make them, probably others.

The type that replaces the shroud and has a dedicated barrel etc.

Anyone currently making these, or know of some NOS somewhere?

UZI Talk Life Member
    I am working on one now. When I get it into production I will make an announcement here.
    Richard Hoffman
    Gunsmith/Owner

BWE Firearms & BWE Parts
    Longwood, FL
    (407) 592-3975
    www.bwefirearms.com
    www.bweparts.com
    richard@bwefirearms.com

This is the one that I am waiting on!

UZI Talk Life Member
    That will be a nice one for sure! I three lugged a spare barrel and use my MK-9K with great results.

I just won an auction on GB for an SCRC MK25 integrally suppressed 9MM barrel. Paladin Armory is the distributor and these are all new units. This is supposed to be the last of the manufacturing batch by SCRC. These were designed by the legendary Phil "Doc" Dater, and manufactured by Tim Bixler of SCRC, or as described by the seller. For the price, I could not pass it up ($750.00)

I got a Gemtech like in the above photo. The unit has a screw on sleeve on the barrel which is inside the can, remove the sleeve and you have a ported barrel which allows for shooting 115 9mm factory ammo, which now comes out sub sonic. I got my can from Long Mountain Outfitters, now Gun Mountain in Henderson, NV. Dan Shea is the owner, and had the exclusive rights to the suppressor supplied by Gemtech. Since it’s in the safe, I can’t give you the exact model #, price 5 years ago was around 750 + the form 4. I’m A 01 FFL so it was only 1 transfer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lugercarbine View Post
    I got a Gemtech like in the above photo. The unit has a screw on sleeve on the barrel which is inside the can, remove the sleeve and you have a ported barrel which allows for shooting 115 9mm factory ammo, which now comes out sub sonic. I got my can from Long Mountain Outfitters, now Gun Mountain in Henderson, NV. Dan Shea is the owner, and had the exclusive rights to the suppressor supplied by Gemtech. Since it’s in the safe, I can’t give you the exact model #, price 5 years ago was around 750 + the form 4. I’m A 01 FFL so it was only 1 transfer to me.
    My SCRC has the ported integrated barrel also. So, I assume from your same insight, is that I can shoot 115 or 124 gr bullets, and they will be reduced to subsonic while exiting the barrel?

My Gemtech instructions that came with the can (NIB) said that shooting factory 115gr, to screw off the sleeve and with the ports the bullet would come out subsonic. Since I have quite a bit of sub sonic reloads, I have never tried factory loads but have no reason to doubt what the instructions say - the ports are quite long and would bleed a lot of the gas off.

Jim Burgess makes a good can for the SW76

Yep, I have one of the Jim Burgess dedicated cans for the SW76. Works well, its a ported short barrel and suppressor combo so you can shoot standard 115 grain ammo at subsonic velocities-no need to buy subsonic ammo.

+ Reply to Thread