UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mission Creep

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer_Shootist View Post
    NICS = National Instant Criminal Background Check System
    NCIS = Naval Criminal Investigative Service (also the TV show)
    I must agree with Concorde when he said:
    "They don’t; for Title 1 firearms, they never get the detailed data. My company has an FFL and we process transfers for other people... when we call in the Form 4473 to NICS for approval, they don’t ask for brand or serial number, only whether it’s a handgun, long gun, shotgun, or “other”. If they ever want to trace a gun they have to go to the manufacturer with the model and serial number info, who points them to the distributor to whom they transferred it, who points them to the dealer it went to, and then they have to look in the dealer’s record book to find the gun in question and find out to whom it was sold."
    I was a dealer for 20 years and have helped out from time to time at a friends shop for another 15 years.
    To add more confusion to the mix: I'm not sure about other states, but in Texas if you have a valid Concealed Handgun License (CHL), the NICS check is bypassed completely. The purchaser is automatically approved. But, his/her license number and expiration date are entered on the Form 4473.

UZI Talk Supporter
    In TN,they run a background check on "permit holders".
    That's probably also because the State charges $10 for every check they perform,and don't want to miss the money

Quote Originally Posted by sniperdoc View Post
    In TN,they run a background check on "permit holders".
    That's probably also because the State charges $10 for every check they perform,and don't want to miss the money
    Bingo! It's all about the geld.

UZI Talk Supporter
    We've gotten WAY off the OP's Question; any chance we can start a new Thread about this?

Idk... The topic of this thread is called "mission creep" lol

Well, I had a great time putting the AR together during the Thanksgiving Holiday. The Bear Creek Arsenal Ursid upper fit on my Anderson lower perfectly, in fact the push pins are too tight to open by hand. The $40 LPK from CDNN went in with no problems, I especially like the fancy Pistol Grip included. The upper is really nice with a pretty SS flash hider/compensator. I just installed a cheap set of flip up sights until I decide what kind of optics I want. The palmetto State BCG looks nice, this is their premium BCG so they put their LOGO on it. The whole setup cost me under $450. Got to love the AR15 buyers market now. Hopefully get to shoot it this weekend.

Wife with new AR15. Yes I yelled at Her for putting her finger on the trigger.
    Attached Images  

Put about 100 rounds through the new AR15 last Saturday. Ran perfect! Very happy with it.

+ Reply to Thread