UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mac pricing over the years

Mac pricing over the years

Anyone ever made or seen a graph of transferrable machine gun pricing over the years? I just thought it would me neat/depressing to see how the value of transferrable machine guns has went up. Specifically I was thinking of the m11/9, but didn't really matter too much. Then I'd know how hard to kick myself to shoulda woulda wish I would have bought xyz years ago.

I guess I'm just intrigued by the obscure marketplace that the laws have created to bring us these "transferrable machine guns"

UZI Talk Supporter
    Do a search for machine price guide. Its been done. Your the last to know

http://machinegunpriceguide.com/html/us_subguns_1.html
    I kick myself every time I look at it

Thanks guys

I have a friend that paid $350 for a full auto MAC a long time ago.

Take those numbers with a salt shaker. The M10 price guide listed the current price around $7,500. Within the last two months I have bought two RPB M10 RRs for around $5,500 for the basic configuration.

Scott
    Last edited by Brother_Evil; 11-26-2017 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Price revision

Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Evil View Post
    Take those numbers with a salt shaker. The M10 price guide listed the current price around $7,500. Within the last two months I have bought two RPB M10 RRs for around $5,500 for the basic configuration.

Scott
    The 10’s have sat stagnant for a while now and the baby macs have skyrocketed by them in price.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    The 10’s have sat stagnant for a while now and the baby macs have skyrocketed by them in price.
    That certainly is true, but the price guide linked above lists a market value of $7,500. As posted above, I've bought two RPB M10s for $5,500 for the basic configuration. To me that is a huge difference. Both guns were advertised on the internet. In fact one of them was brought to my attention by this board. The other was adverted here on Uzi Talk.

Scott

it's only as accurate as the people contributing I'd guess

That certainly is true, but the price guide linked above lists a market value of $7,500. As posted above, I've bought two RPB M10s for $5,500 for the basic configuration. To me that is a huge difference. Both guns were advertised on the internet. In fact one of them was brought to my attention by this board. The other was adverted here on Uzi Talk.

Scott
    Just curious...

Which M10 has more value...45 cal or the 9mm?
    or
    Does it matter anymore due to the New Lage uppers?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theduke View Post
    Just curious...

Which M10 has more value...45 cal or the 9mm?
    or
    Does it matter anymore due to the New Lage uppers?
    45 is worth more

Of the two M10 RRs I bought, one is a .45 and the other is an Uzi magwell conversion.

Scott

Scott
    What is happening is that much of the currently reported pricing, particularly for Ingrams ("Macs"), reflects package pricing, not the traditional "machine gun plus one mag" pricing paradigm. Now most Ingram sub gun sales include one or more uppers and other accessories (e.g., stocks, optics) from any number of manufacturers as well as 5+ mags. This adds a considerable percentage to the reported price. For example, a recent thread discussed several Macs that were purported to have sold for $10K+; however, IIRC, in all but the case of the rare, very early M11-380, the prices cited were, in fact, rather loaded up package sales.

ETA: I should have included a suppressor as a fairly common included accessory. Also, for a recent example where the included accessories significantly skewed the selling price, see GunBroker auction 719231753:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/719231753

MHO, YMMV, etc.
    Last edited by SecondAmend; 11-27-2017 at 12:16 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Wow!!! Never seen a Uzi grip Mac for $5500. I would have bought that all day myself(if I could afford it). Secondamend is right. I think it’s the package deals that are putting the M10’s in that 7k plus spectrum. Imho. Btw if this is the Uzi grip package you scored for $5500 then I bow to you for a great score and asking price reduction.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...&daysprune=100

Of the two M10 RRs I bought, one is a .45 and the other is an Uzi magwell conversion.

Scott
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.-Ronald Reagan

Lets be clear and compare "apples to apples". The basic gun is the registered lower, original upper and stock. The .45 gun came as a package deal with a Lage mark II .45 upper and Lage folding stock with six USGI GG mags. To me those "extras" would sell for around $1,000 by themselves. So to me, I bought the basic gun for $5,500.

The Uzi conversion again comes with the basic original configuration plus a side cocking upper with Gemtech 3-lug barrel, HK MP5 sights and raised top rail and PS side folding Uzi, with 6 32 rd and two 25 rd Uzi mags. To me the upper, PS stock, and mags are worth $500 to me. I bought the package for $6,000. So to me, again, I bought the basic gun for $5,500.

To me, if there is more than the basic gun, then whatever comes in the package, has value. If just the basic gun was sold, the accessories could be sold separately. Uppers, stocks, and mags have value. You see this stuff for sale all the time. So I don't think I bought the .45 gun for $6,500. I bought the basic gun for $5,500 with $1,000 of accessories. YMMV.

Scott

Right place at the right time? I found a 9mm RPB on GB about 2 years ago for $3600. The guy selling it had no recorded sales on GB so maybe the hesitation for anyone to bid. It took nearly 8 months for me to get him to fill out his form 4 and send it to my FFL/SOT. I probably would rate the condition as 85%. Mechanically, it runs fine. Cosmetically, eh, that's where the 85% comes in. Still, $3600! People probably thought it was a scam.

UZI Talk Supporter
    guy i bought my mac 11a1 from said their was a pallet of them for $350 each

im attempting to buy in bulk from a guy who bought very large #'s of Mac 11's......seems like lots of guys in 86 bought 10-20 mac's as they knew what the future would hold once you tell people they cant have something....it DID take a long time though....went 10-15 years before it picked up steam...took the internet most likely to get the ball rolling from $350 to $7,000

That would be sweet and I'd be in for at least one if it were sharply under $7k. Group buy?

Quote Originally Posted by 70worm View Post
    I have a friend that paid $350 for a full auto MAC a long time ago.
    Yeah I paid 350.00 for a N.I.B. 45 MAC back in the day.Still have it.

+ Reply to Thread