UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sterling measurements needed

Sterling measurements needed

Hi folks, I am in the middle of a Sten-Sterling conversion project. My DLO Sten is taking on a new life right now as it picks up pieces from a Sterling parts kit. I sure could use a little help on a dimension that haven't found anywhere online: Would someone be willing to give me precise measurement of the length of the Sterling tube? We are grafting the front of a Sterling parts kit onto the registered DLO tube, but that particular precise length dimension eludes me. I can roughly figure it out from the folding stock engaging at the front when folded and at the back when deployed, but I'd love a precise measurement. It could be from the front of the barrel shroud (bayonet protrusion is fine) back to the end of the receiver when the rear cap is removed. Any help would be much appreciated.

(BTW, I *think* I have found an absolute artist with a great reputation in the firearms industry to take on these conversions in the future. Andrewski is out of the conversion business and the other option or two get mixed reviews. After the project is done, I'll file a report on the board. This guy has been amazing so far.)

I can measure precise because I don't have calipers that large, but the Stenparts tube OAL measures 18 5/32

I think there is a little play there because the front sections of the tube all had different measurements where the tube met the barrel trunion under the front sight area

This is as precise as I can get with Harbor Freight tape measure.
    Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by rentprop1 View Post
    I can measure precise because I don't have calipers that large, but the Stenparts tube OAL measures 18 5/32

I think there is a little play there because the front sections of the tube all had different measurements where the tube met the barrel trunion under the front sight area
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Junkcollector View Post
    This is as precise as I can get with Harbor Freight tape measure.
    Fantastic. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread