UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Sterling Pre-Purchase Questions – Making sure I have this all straight

Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    being a Noob Sterling owner (still waiting on F4) I sure hope I dont experience any of the issues described here within concerning my gun .
    I never knew there was so much prior bad history and drama in the Sterling world. I figured it started and stopped with stenling v sterling- done.

If mine shoots reliably then I honestly dont care about the markings etc and therefore that excludes me from being a true aficionado I guess.

dang Maim...you bought TWO ?! You go!
    @rhouston8

Your inbox is full bud.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain murrica View Post
    Thinking my wait has got to be about over, but who knows.
    Let us know when you get it.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Yeah. As long as they are the original manufacturer’s markings, you’re good to go.

With the P.A.W.S. conversions the section of the mag housing with the manufacturer’s markings is cut out and spliced into the Sterling housing. That preserves the original markings. It’s a lot of work. Obviously, it would be easer to just engrave new markings. But that’s not kosher. They have to be the original markings. So, when you see a Wilson STEN tube that has the manufacturer’s markings where the Sterling grip frame goes, you have to wonder.
    ahhh...didnt know all that. Im a sterling noob. thx.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
    @rhouston8

Your inbox is full bud.
    hahahahah...I'm a popular guy...what can I say ? hahahahah

Just deleted a couple hundred to make room so send away !

houston

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain murrica View Post
    Mine is still waiting approval at a dealer that won’t let me shoot it until F4 clears! I would've used a different one had I know that before. So knowing that I can do nothing except fondle and take pics I haven’t even gone to see it since it came back from Andrewski. Thinking my wait has got to be about over, but who knows. It’s been outta sight outta mind for the most part. I bought a correctly dimensioned low serial number LNIB paws and sent it to Andrewski. This thread is making me realize how good I did on it. Gun, mags(x10), parts kit, shipping(x3), stamp, and Andrewski and I’m still under 10k. Lucky I’ve got a good friend that’s ultra sterling knowledgeable that turned me on to sterlings and the gun itself, without him I’d still just be wishing for one.

Btw my feeling good about my purchase doesn’t imply anyone else got a bad deal, I just got a screaming deal apparently.
    wow...that is a smoking deal. i wont know if mine is a smoking deal yet or not until i digest everything in this thread , re inspect the gun and its markings, and shoot it

Being a Sterling noob myself, all this tube talk got me goin to my safe to check markings on my fine shooting, reliable "stenling". Yep, it was built on a Wilson Sten tube, with the Mfg. markings under the trigger housing and the Sten width slot. The cocking slot portion has also been welded up.
    Originally papered as a "Sten MK II", it transferred to me with a correction to just "MK II". At this point I trust the BATF is ok with it as is.

Quote Originally Posted by tallawa2 View Post
    Being a Sterling noob myself, all this tube talk got me goin to my safe to check markings on my fine shooting, reliable "stenling". Yep, it was built on a Wilson Sten tube, with the Mfg. markings under the trigger housing and the Sten width slot. The cocking slot portion has also been welded up.
    Originally papered as a "Sten MK II", it transferred to me with a correction to just "MK II". At this point I trust the BATF is ok with it as is.
    Nice. The BATFE is okay with it. How does she shoot?

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by tallawa2 View Post
    At this point I trust the BATF is ok with it as is.
    They are ok with what’s on the form. At this point…… I doubt they have seen the firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    They are ok with what’s on the form. At this point…… I doubt they have seen the firearm.
    And if they saw the firearm what, exactly, would they do?

I just inherited a DLO sterling and ATF made me change model to MK 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C. View Post
    What did the paperwork say previously?

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C. View Post
    Yep. They have been doing it for a few years.

A Sterling is a nice thing to leave to someone or inherit. You know the person you leave it to will enjoy it.

It said mk4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
    Nice. The BATFE is okay with it. How does she shoot?
    From what I gather, its all in the way the gun was put together. Sloppy job and you get a sloppy shooter with issues. I guess I got lucky. Only issue was with the safety not working with the bolt in the forward
    position. Had that corrected before I started to shoot it. Great shooter, reliable and balanced even shooting one handed with the stock folded. I purchased it knowing is was not an original genuine Sterling MK4.
    I just wanted a fun gun to shoot on range days. I also soon realized the cocking handle and center pin were non standard mods.

+ Reply to Thread