UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Modernizing a Century Arms Golani

Modernizing a Century Arms Golani

A friend and I have been working to modernize a Century Arms Golani. One of the things I'd like to do with this gun is swap out the trigger system for something a little more responsive, like the ALG AK Trigger Enhanced. I did some digging and found a post from 2017 by a guy looking to do the same thing, but a lot of the responses seemed like assumptions and that no one had tried it out yet.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...LG-AK-trigger&

Can anyone confirm that this does indeed work and if there are any additional parts that are needed to install it?

Another thing I'd like to do is remove the skeleton stock and replace it with an M4 styled buttstock like a Magpul CTR. So far, my research has only come up with a few solutions:

https://store.israeli-weapons.com/co...e-galil-stocks
    https://www.israeldefensestore.com/ga-tube-300.html

Has anyone tried any of these products out, and if so how did they perform?

Thanks guys

UZI Talk Supporter
    The only changes I made to my Golani are a Scope and Bipod.

You can't make an AR out of an AK. IMHO, you'd wind up with a better balanced, more accurate rifle if you sell the Golani, add that $ to what the stock/tube/trigger would cost, and buy a good AR.
    I love my Golani for what it is, but my M4 that I built on my kitchen table shoots more accurately, and cost approx $200 less.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I have the CAA conversion for a M4 style buttstock & run a Magpul. Works just fine. I prefer the original stock but when using kit the length of pull becomes a bit too much.
    "Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by boscoman View Post
    Snip
    Would you happen to have an image of it? How is it? does if wiggle at all?
    Last edited by AKoolPopTart; 01-08-2018 at 08:30 PM.

https://imgur.com/a/bYD4o
    Additions:
    Midwest Universal AK Handguard (MLOCK/Railed)
    Magpul Handstop
    CAA AK/Galil Pistol Grip

Parts on the way:
    Magpul MLOCK Covers
    Sling adapter for Skeleton Stocks

Parts I'm considering:
    CAA Tube Stock conversion
    Magpul CTR Stock
    Last edited by AKoolPopTart; 01-11-2018 at 07:17 PM.

On your handguard, what did you have to do to get it on? Or is it just "plug n play" for the most part. Because straight up I've been planning out on how to modernize my Golani in almost the same way lol

Anyway: I don't see any reason why the ALG wouldn't work considering some golanis are outfitted with standard G2 triggers. I imagine it wouldn't be TOO hard to set up.

Oh yeah, and props to your profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Kozy View Post
    On your handguard, what did you have to do to get it on? Or is it just "plug n play" for the most part. Because straight up I've been planning out on how to modernize my Golani in almost the same way lol

Anyway: I don't see any reason why the ALG wouldn't work considering some golanis are outfitted with standard G2 triggers. I imagine it wouldn't be TOO hard to set up.

Oh yeah, and props to your profile picture
    Not gonna lie, I freaked out a little when I saw your pic too. Weebs unite! XD

So with the handguard, it should "slip" right on, I was able to get it on myself without too much trouble. That said, I would suggest having a smith do it unless you have the proper tools and know what it is you are doing. The only cons I have for it are 1) mounting stuff on the sides can be a bit of a pain, and 2) the retainer tends to rattle, but with ear pro on you won't hear that.

Registered User AleksanderDavid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AKoolPopTart View Post
    A friend and I have been working to modernize a Century Arms Golani. One of the things I'd like to do with this gun is swap out the trigger system for something a little more responsive, like the ALG AK Trigger Enhanced. I did some digging and found a post from 2017 by a guy looking to do the same thing, but a lot of the responses seemed like assumptions and that no one had tried it out yet.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...LG-AK-trigger&

Can anyone confirm that this does indeed work and if there are any additional parts that are needed to install it?

Another thing I'd like to do is remove the skeleton stock and replace it with an M4 styled buttstock like a Magpul CTR. So far, my research has only come up with a few solutions:

https://store.israeli-weapons.com/co...e-galil-stocks
    https://www.israeldefensestore.com/ga-tube-300.html

Has anyone tried any of these products out, and if so how did they perform?

Thanks guys
    i have the fab defense folding stocks with the ar tube, the polymer hinge ones are ok but the one that uses the regular galil folding knuckle is the best that i have experience with. they also make a handguard as well, i have them on my build guns and they don't melt or suffer from heat, as far as triggers go, if you are using the alg ak trigger be sure that the safety engages since it's using the full auto selector type. i've only used the alg galil ace trigger and for that one to work it does need to have the pin inside in order to engage the safety. happy moding ^^
    Last edited by AleksanderDavid; 01-13-2018 at 08:45 AM. Reason: forgot about trigger question

Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderDavid View Post
    i have the fab defense folding stocks with the ar tube, the polymer hinge ones are ok but the one that uses the regular galil folding knuckle is the best that i have experience with. they also make a handguard as well, i have them on my build guns and they don't melt or suffer from heat, as far as triggers go, if you are using the alg ak trigger be sure that the safety engages since it's using the full auto selector type. i've only used the alg galil ace trigger and for that one to work it does need to have the pin inside in order to engage the safety. happy moding ^^
    Hey thanks for the tips! Are you able to swap out the stocks on yours?

Registered User AleksanderDavid's Avatar
    for the tube ones yes you can use any ar stock on the market. to install the stock itself it should just be remove the back roll pin and the stock with the knuckle comes out, just requires a punch and a mallet. the CAA tube is pretty much a similar concept without the side folding knuckle and has a shorter length of pull. also the CAA tube be sure to check the holes for where the pin goes to hold the stock into the receiver, the one i got was out of spec so the holes for the pin to hold it in didn't line up on one side. and yes i can swap between all galil stocks on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderDavid View Post
    Snip.
    So, based on your post, it sounds like the going with a folding stock might be the safest route to take because they can be switched out by simply knocking out the pin that's in the knuckle, correct? I was originally going to go with the fixed stock using the CAA tube because it is considerably cheaper, but it sounds like there is an issue with the pin holes in the receiver lining up with the pin holes in the tube.

+ Reply to Thread