UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scanned MAC Articles

Scanned MAC Articles

All,
    I'm sure everyone else checks other boards religiously but thought I'd post here. Thanks to ARFCOM member "DirtyHandsRob" we have a gold mine of MAC articles scanned from old magazines.

He has made all of these downloadable at the below link. I personally am glad I found this after seeing all the ridiculous prices being asked for vintage magazines. Thanks Rob!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/92qyrif0v...WlDcmuxga?dl=0

Cheers,
    Adam

yep, that DHR dude is pretty cool.

Badass... I can’t afford another smg right now, it’s too cold out to cast bullets, so that’s hampering reloading a bit right now. I needed something to occupy my time.

UZI Talk Life Member
    In a High Horsepower Corvette, Taking My Time.
    Quote Originally Posted by krazymac View Post
    All,
    I'm sure everyone else checks other boards religiously but thought I'd post here. Thanks to ARFCOM member "DirtyHandsRob" we have a gold mine of MAC articles scanned from old magazines.

He has made all of these downloadable at the below link. I personally am glad I found this after seeing all the ridiculous prices being asked for vintage magazines. Thanks Rob!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/92qyrif0v...WlDcmuxga?dl=0

Cheers,
    Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by rchaisch View Post
    yep, that DHR dude is pretty cool.

Krazymac

Thanks for the great post.

Wow! "Gung Ho" magazine! I remember flipping through that at the barber shop when I was a kid.

UZI Talk Life Member
    In a High Horsepower Corvette, Taking My Time.
    Quote Originally Posted by KickStand View Post
    Krazymac

Thanks for the great post.
    Yes, thanks for the thread, and thanks especially to rchaisch for taking the time scanning your collection for the entire Internet to enjoy. I know it took you a while to do.

Apparently the American Survival Guide of November of '88 didn't realize that adding a forward grip to a pistol makes the pistol into a Any Other Weapon which should be registered as a NFA firearm.

Scott

UZI Talk Life Member
    awesome share. thanks!

thank you for sharing. I had forgotten how ridiculous some of those old cobray accessories are

Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Evil View Post
    Apparently the American Survival Guide of November of '88 didn't realize that adding a forward grip to a pistol makes the pistol into a Any Other Weapon which should be registered as a NFA firearm.

Scott
    The ATF did not always take that approach. Such forward grips were sold from the factory openly on many weapons. I was at a FFL compliance inspection around 1990. While the inspector looked at the books I spoke to the ATF agent that accompanied the inspector. I asked him about the forward grip on the SP-89 and he had no idea what I was talking about. I mentioned that the ATF said that forward grips were not allowed on pistols anymore, he confirmed he had not heard of that before.

Quote Originally Posted by wrhk33 View Post
    The ATF did not always take that approach. Such forward grips were sold from the factory openly on many weapons. I was at a FFL compliance inspection around 1990. While the inspector looked at the books I spoke to the ATF agent that accompanied the inspector. I asked him about the forward grip on the SP-89 and he had no idea what I was talking about. I mentioned that the ATF said that forward grips were not allowed on pistols anymore, he confirmed he had not heard of that before.
    Local Field Agents are supposed to know all Federal regulations for Alcohol manufacture, sales, and taxation, Tobacco products manufacture, sales, and taxation, Firearms and Ammunition manufacture, sales, and taxation, and now Explosive manufacture, sales and regulation. That covers a huge amount of Federal Regulation. I'm guessing that compliance inspections require two Agents. The second Agent might have specialized in Tobacco or Alcohol or was a new Agent? I don't know. I also think that the firearms industry used to operate on the principle "It is easier asking forgiveness than permission". Look at the nightmare some manufacturers made by registering unmodified semi auto receivers converted with unregistered conversion devices (sears) as registered receiver machineguns.

In 2009, I called the NFA Branch concerning a matter about the configuration of my M16. I asked to speak with someone concerning a technical question. The woman I spoke with, during the course of our conversation, told me that I could file a Form 1 and make a new machinegun. That had not been true for over 20 years at that time. That was the last time I called to ask a technical question. Unless there is documentation of misinformation, I would think that you'd still be held responsible for your actions. I think the Firearms and Ammunition Technology Division has gotten more professional since SIG sued about the pistol brace and won. Certainly you can get misinformation verbally from anyone at the BATF&E. What you do with it, is your decision. YMMV.

Scott

UZI Talk Life Member
    Thank you! Slowly perusing my way through them!

Quote Originally Posted by Hey... View Post
    i forgot i posted that. LOL.

anyways, i have a few more issues i'm trying to find and they aren't popping up on eBay or anywhere else.

+ Reply to Thread