UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max11 - keep it or?

Max11 - keep it or?

So i upgraded to the max11 mk2 and max31 mk2. My m11/9 cam with a Lage max 11 with a tri lug barrel with the max 11 standard bolt. I added the external gas block, the polymer k grip, Side accessory rails, and picked up a new tactical bolt (that has never been used). I also have the max11-22.

Since I am standardizing on the mk2 stuff, I am torn between putting all the max11 stuff up for sale and getting the max11-22 mk2 OR dedicating the original max11 upper as a dedicated 22 upper. The latter just seems like a waste as I know someone out there can enjoy the setup in 9mm and 22. $600 for the .22 mk2 is no big deal for me. Thoughts and opinions please.

Sell it.

At a good price, to the nervously excited new guy at the next subgun match who just got a M11, and doesn't have any accessories yet. This may take a while, but, what's the hurry? You'll get to be the guy that says "Hey, want one of THESE, I'll make you a good deal"

The old steel ones have value to some as they can be modified where as the new aluminum ones can't be so easily

UZI Talk Supporter
    do you use it? if not sell it...for myself ill take every upper i can get....if it feels or functions a bit different i want it...

post it and it will sell

UZI Talk Life Member
    I agree with selling it. Use the money for ammo and drums.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I have one. with all 3 bolts and a "matched" 22 kit.
    I also have a sk/tungsten bolt and a stock upper with an installed 22 kit.
    as said, they have different feels to them. if you ever get "bored" with one, you can switch to the other and be excited again.
    if you ever switch back and it doesnt blow your skirt, then sell it.

Sounds like an excuse to get another M11/9 transferrable lower for that spare upper you have laying around.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
    Sounds like an excuse to get another M11/9 transferrable lower for that spare upper you have laying around.
    Just did that...again...
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
    I wish. My daughter starts college in the fall so there is no way that is happening

They are great platforms for user mods, if you're into that. I always thought the cosmetic appearance of the Mk1 was more in keeping with the looks of the Mac platform, despite the numerous practical improvements in the Mk2 series.

Does anyone have the lage metal for end for the max11? I called lage and they don't have anymore to sell.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Sell it!!! Battering Ram will buy it!!!!
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.-Ronald Reagan

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    do you use it? if not sell it...for myself ill take every upper i can get....if it feels or functions a bit different i want it...

post it and it will sell
    Posted one and it hasn't sold. �� LOL.

UZI Talk Supporter
    theres a buy it today price, buy it in a month price and buy it never price...these early mk1 uppers arent big sellers...

as for Hals comment---dont own a mac 11....so i wont be your buyer....

if you had a cheap one for the mac 10/45 id grab it though..i like to collect every upper i can for my mac 10

I'm trying to sell one with a conversion kit and not exactly flying off the classifieds... I have two MAX-11 Mk1 uppers. I was thinking about upgrading to the Mk2, but the Mk1 does everything I need it to. Plus it does look more authentic with the gun.

I am going to get a Max31 for the Mac10 since I rarely ever shoot it as is in 45 acp. Maybe if that tungsten bolt ever materializes...

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Quake Guy View Post
    I'm trying to sell one with a conversion kit and not exactly flying off the classifieds... I have two MAX-11 Mk1 uppers. I was thinking about upgrading to the Mk2, but the Mk1 does everything I need it to. Plus it does look more authentic with the gun.

I am going to get a Max31 for the Mac10 since I rarely ever shoot it as is in 45 acp. Maybe if that tungsten bolt ever materializes...
    .45 bolt is real. Email vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Quake Guy View Post

I think I am just going to turn into a dedicated .22 upper.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zirad54 View Post
    I think I am just going to turn into a dedicated .22 upper.
    this is a good plan.

Get yourself a CF-W 9MM bolt and a grey ghost upper.

+ Reply to Thread