UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jersey Arms Works research

UZI Talk Supporter

Jersey Arms Works research

Here's a tidbit I've not run across before:

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/01/05/ny...-dinosaur.html

I'm still discussing with the historical society there in Westmont NJ to find out more obscura about this odd little company. I'd love to get a photo of the tool and die company where these likely were born in.

I'll pass along what I find.

There was an appeal from the early 90's where someone named Dominick Spadea appealed a conviction in the US district court for the southern district of NY for possessing post-86 MG's.

I bought two of these Commando Avenger pistol receivers back in 1991 for $255 each. I built one of them up with an SWD parts kit. I have installed the firecontrol group in the second receiver but never finished it. The one that I did finish shoots as good as my PS M10/45.
    Attached Images      

UZI Talk Supporter
    225 ea....

UZI Talk Supporter
    Here's the text of the referenced trial transcript. I'll try and pile on more Jersey Arms info as I find it. James B sure amassed a ton of good info back in the day.

http://www.titleii.com/bardwell/jers..._secretary.txt

Interesting story here. All of the JAWS guns I have seen were originally built and registered as machine guns. The only JAWS guns I have seen that were built up from an open bolt semi pistol receiver are mine. Yet there are supposed to be 2000 receivers that were originally made as open bolt semi pistols that ATF declared to be machine guns.
    Were all of these receivers registered as machine guns like my two? Where are they now?

What about the one's SWD re-did from JAWS?

Quote Originally Posted by boomer535 View Post
    Interesting story here. All of the JAWS guns I have seen were originally built and registered as machine guns. The only JAWS guns I have seen that were built up from an open bolt semi pistol receiver are mine. Yet there are supposed to be 2000 receivers that were originally made as open bolt semi pistols that ATF declared to be machine guns.
    Were all of these receivers registered as machine guns like my two? Where are they now?
    Mine is an open bolt semi receiver registered as a machinegun. I bought it from James d Julia auction.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMorgan View Post
    Mine is an open bolt semi receiver registered as a machinegun. I bought it from James d Julia auction.
    Did an individual register it or did JAWS?

The form 3 says Hatton industries Inc., model m10 avenger, 45acp. It wasn't registered by an individual. The frame won't accept the m10 selector switch yet, It needs drilled/reamed. It has the big square rear sight and no stock provisions. The front receiver pin hole isn't reinforced either.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMorgan View Post
    The form 3 says Hatton industries Inc., model m10 avenger, 45acp. It wasn't registered by an individual. The frame won't accept the m10 selector switch yet, It needs drilled/reamed. It has the big square rear sight and no stock provisions. The front receiver pin hole isn't reinforced either.
    Thanks for the info.

Are they blued? Kinda hard to tell from the picture, the upper looks park but the lower appears blued. The rear sight really stands out, looks weird. But that doesn't really matter.

Untitled by John Morgan, on Flickr

Looks like my two. They are blued. I reamed out the hole on one side to fit the selector. You will have to sand down the feed ramp to clear the bolt of a standard upper and open up the two holes for the stock too. I got mine from a guy named Norrel.
    Last edited by boomer535; 01-27-2018 at 06:39 AM.

I bought my PS M10/45 from SWD in 1989. I suspect they built it up from a PS receiver with their parts. Years later they sold a run of Texas's M10's that they reworked by re-welding them. I don't remember SWD ever selling JAWS guns.

Check The Mac Man book page 426. SWD bought the remaining inventory of 377 transferable receivers.

Were these 377 receivers part of the 2000 that were originally open bolt semi auto pistols or the ones that were built as machine guns?

I was under the impression that if it had the Cobray logo on the rear of the receiver then it was one of the frames SWD bought and assembled. I've seen them with and without. My gun has the logo and was parked.

The blued ones I've seen at gun shows didn't have the logo and were sold as stripped frames.

UZI Talk Supporter
    John I have been searching for this as well. Mine is a SWD finished JAWS with original numbered box. They used regular SWD boxes but broke the back part of the styrofoam to fit the larger JAWS stock. I'd like to find out where the company was located and take a visit myself.

I have been happy with the two JAWS receivers I have. I hope to be able to get CF-W 45 bolts for them. It would be nice to put a 223 upper on one of them too one day.

I have some frames that are In The White. Semi Auto.

+ Reply to Thread