UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jersey Arms Works research

years ago I saw 25-30 jersey arms receivers in John norrell's workshop. I had never heard the name before. He had hunted down someone who sold him complete internal parts sets, and was assembling the whole batch of guns for individual re-sale. didn't ask where he acquired the receivers. I am now assuming those were some of the semi open bolt machine gun receivers, after reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by r View Post
    years ago I saw 25-30 jersey arms receivers in John norrell's workshop. I had never heard the name before. He had hunted down someone who sold him complete internal parts sets, and was assembling the whole batch of guns for individual re-sale. didn't ask where he acquired the receivers. I am now assuming those were some of the semi open bolt machine gun receivers, after reading this thread.
    Yes, I bought my two receivers from Norrell back in 91. He advertised them in the Machine Gun News magazine. I called him and he told me about them. He said I would have to drill out the hole for a selector. I decided to take the chance and buy two of them. Wish I had bought more in hindsight.

I read that SWD sold the Jersey Arms guns around 1987. I didn't get into class 3 till 1989 so I missed out on them. The first class 3 I bought was a PS M10/45 from SWD I bought in 1989 for $500.

I wanted to update this thread a little. I found a copy of the SWD Cobray flier that advertised the Jersey Arms M10/45 for $450 each in 1990. SWD took the original Jersey Arms receivers and updated them so they would accept standard M10/45 parts. They also parkerised them. I also believe from the court documents that only 600 guns were completed and registered. SWD sold about 377 so a little over 200 guns or recievers are floating around.

UZI Talk Supporter
    There is info and old ads in the MAC MAN book on Jersey Arms. The ad in the center is from SWD.
    Attached Images      
    Last edited by ferndog1; 08-20-2020 at 06:01 PM.

By 1990 the JAWS guns were selling for $450. At the same time M10/45ís with Powder Springs receivers were selling for $500. The PS M10/45 guns had the receiver pin holes reinforced. I bought one of the PS M10/45ís then and it was like new.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Do you think these will ever be collectables?

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    Do you think these will ever be collectables?
    They are all collectable. If Mac style RR owners were as organized as Thompson owners, then all Mac style RRs would be on the C&R list. What else would you call a firearm that is at least 35 years old and has a market value 20 times the market value of a current production firearm of similar design, if not collectable?

Scott

UZI Talk Supporter
    1986 was 34 years ago. C&r is 50 years. I don't follow

Some of my Powder Springs guns made in 1972. That's 48 years. Almost there.

UZI Talk Life Member

1986 was 34 years ago. C&r is 50 years. I don't follow
    I am sorry I rounded up. The Thompson owners have applied for and gotten C&R status for all models of Thompson submachineguns, even the West Hurley guns made just before the ban in '86. Why,because they submitted that the Thompsons have collector value. To me all machineguns have collector value. Can you buy a Mac style pistol for around $400? I think so. So a 34+ year old Mac style RR that has a market value around 20 times that would have collector value IMHO. That was my point.

Scott

My JAWS gun was nice. Had some fitment issues with aftermarket stuff but ran very well. Bought it from a guy who bought it from the catalogue ad you posted.

Needed the money and wanted a PS gun to with my PS 9mm.

I received a Jersey Arms gun recently. Serial number is 82010124X. It looks almost unfired. No Cobray logo on the frame but the upper has the Cobray logo behind the front sight.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Those mthat have non SWD JAWS guns, which have the cobray logo, do you have matching factory uppers or were they stripped lowers?

Those mthat have non SWD JAWS guns, which have the cobray logo, do you have matching factory uppers or were they stripped lowers?
    I thought all the ones with cobray logo were swd. My jaws doesn't have cobray logo and was just a stripped lower.

My two stripped receivers did not have the Cobray logo. The uppers I installed on those receivers do have the Cobray logo because I bought the parts kits that I installed into my receivers from SWD (Cobray).

UZI Talk Supporter
    Another tidbit:

"His political acumen is a matter of both his education and family legacy. Bill’s father, Dominick “Mick” Spadea was a noted South Jersey GOP fundraiser in the late 1970s and 1980s, a key New Jersey supporter of Ronald Reagan as early as 1976, a chair of Camden County Young Republicans in the mid-1970s and later the chair of New Jersey Conservative Caucus."

I may have located him, we'll see.
    Last edited by JohnFreeman; 09-13-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Numrich Gun Parts use to have the JAW's upper receiver for sale. I just looked. No longer available but still show the photo. They DO have that weird barrel for sale and the front pin with the key ring on it. I wished I had gotten one of those uppers. I do have a Marked JAW upper as a flat. Not the same.

+ Reply to Thread