UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to get stamps to remark selector markings?

Where to get stamps to remark selector markings?

Hi

Does anyone know what the font/style of lettering used for the selector markings on IMI Uzi's are, and where to get suitable stamps to remark the 'A R S' markings?

Thanks
    Mike

UZI Talk Life Member
    I can't help with finding the stamps...my initial guess is you will have a TOUGH time finding the EXACT font and or fonts (there was more than one).
    But I would think a much easier way would be to engrave it with a CNC mill. There are plenty of number fonts that can be loaded and you can easily adjust the size, and of course the depth. A little white paint and I can't imagine many people noticing the difference.
    If our esteemed site host Dave doesn't know where a "original" stamp is to be had...NO ONE does.
    Good luck!
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do NOTHING!"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Supporter
    If you live in a gun friendly area,reach out to trophy shops. They have amazing skills.

Hi Jack007 and sniperdoc

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have a Lyttleton Engineering Uzi with an 'A R S' lower to copy the size and style so I'll see if I can buy something close first, and if need be I might be able to get the stamps made (through a tool and die-maker/gunsmith I know) although that might be costly.

It is an IMI / Action Arms Micro Uzi lower that I'm trying to fix up and I'll be getting an IMI / Action Arms Mini Uzi in the next couple of months so I'll have another 'A R S' marked lower to check the style and size against as well as my Lyttleton made one.

The engraving option would be the cheapest I imagine, and the look on the face of the staff at my local trophy shop would be priceless as f/a weapons are not at all common here in New Zealand.

Regards from NZ

UZI Talk Supporter
    Unless it's prohibited by NZ law, you can just take the lower into the shop, instead of the whole weapon.

Scroll down to where they have 3/16" size.....

https://www.mscdirect.com/industrial...er-stamps.html

Hi aiwnios - Thanks for the link - I'll probably start with buying one letter and test how close it is, and continue doing that till I get a match (or as close as it can be).

Regards

UZI Talk Life Member

Bondo,stamp,spray paint.

+ Reply to Thread