UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mini uzi bolt

mini uzi bolt

Decided I need a mini uzi and have discovered their are no bolts to be found, at least that I can find. When you punch add to cart they all say out of stock. My question is can a full size smg bolt be converted to semi (I have done this) then cut the bolt to the proper length and weld the two pieces to create a mini bolt. Anybody done it- have blueprints- have a mini bolt they want to sell? Tell me what you think.

Administrator
    I can check my supply of bolts tonight. I might have a spare Mini UZI SMG open bolt I'd be willing to sell. What are you putting it in? Do you have a Vector Mini UZI SMG?
    Looking for the definitive reference book on UZI history and technical information? Check out my book The UZI Submachine Gun Examined. Details to order a copy are here.

mini uzi bolt

I have nothing yet. I have built a micro and a full size pistol. the micro was always a semi and the full size I converted to semi. My plan is to buy a demilled full size and put it back together as a mini. Gunbroker mini kits are going for 800 plus makes that cost prohibitive. Gun building is a great thing to do on a cold winter day. With a full shop and heat it is a great way to pass time. Thanks for checking on the bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by RoverDave View Post
    I can check my supply of bolts tonight. I might have a spare Mini UZI SMG open bolt I'd be willing to sell. What are you putting it in? Do you have a Vector Mini UZI SMG?
    I'd be interested in that if swordfish isn't. I'm looking for a spare mini SMG bolt with the feet for a Vector mini.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by swordfish View Post
    I have nothing yet. I have built a micro and a full size pistol. the micro was always a semi and the full size I converted to semi. My plan is to buy a demilled full size and put it back together as a mini. Gunbroker mini kits are going for 800 plus makes that cost prohibitive. Gun building is a great thing to do on a cold winter day. With a full shop and heat it is a great way to pass time. Thanks for checking on the bolt.
    Sorry, I thought you were looking for an open bolt. If you're building a semi-auto, then an open bolt is of no use to you.
    Looking for the definitive reference book on UZI history and technical information? Check out my book The UZI Submachine Gun Examined. Details to order a copy are here.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TSPC View Post
    I'd be interested in that if swordfish isn't. I'm looking for a spare mini SMG bolt with the feet for a Vector mini.
    PM sent.

bump

Back to org question, have full size fa bolts been converted to semi mini?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by swordfish View Post
    Back to org question, have full size fa bolts been converted to semi mini?
    Open bolt or closed bolt?

closed bolt

Here's a semi mini bolt for sale:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/747105168

I have stripped semi auto mini bolts for sell. But to answer your question, yes you can cut down a full size but it is a lot of work. If you are cutting down a full auto you will also have to drill the firing pin hole. ( Edited due to the fact that I had my head buried in the sand and posted in a hurry without thinking. I kind of mixed the conversion process of mini vs full size. Lol! }
    Last edited by gunsmith; 03-22-2018 at 12:03 AM.

Semi auto closed bolt minis do not have a blocking bar and do not need the slot.

Minis don't have a blocking bar on any of the guns .

Thanks to slimshady and panhead5 for correcting me. I was in a hurry and mixed up the semi conversion of full size and mini bolts. I have edited my original post.

Hi, someone can give me the dimensions for modify full size to mini (full auto bolt)?
    top lenght (without foot)
    bottom lenght (with the foot)
    thank you

I know this is an old thread, but there was mention of a possible spare open bolt with feet available. I am interested if so.

UZI Talk Supporter

They are not the $300 item they used to be. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/883222071
    Class 3 shooters blow thier loads faster and with only 1 pull of the trigger

Numrich has semi mini bolts in stock
    https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/909710

Hello, anyone can say me the 5 dimensions here please?
    thank you

https://ibb.co/vctDtJL

I might have a spare 9mm mini semi auto bolt, however it’s three states away from me currently. I’ll post back in case there’s interest.

Or am I msreading and this is a thread about open bolt minis?
    Last edited by tonelar; 01-02-2021 at 11:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread