UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rate of fire

Rate of fire

As I am in my 11th month wait for my MK760, I was wondering is it possible to slow the rate of fire? I guess the only thing you could do would be get a weaker recoil spring?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Better to add weight to the bolt.
    Vacations are for people who don't play with flamethrowers :) .

The Smith 76 is very controllable as it is. I don't think it needs to be slowed down. You may want to shoot it a bit first.

Quote Originally Posted by airborne118 View Post
    As I am in my 11th month wait for my MK760, I was wondering is it possible to slow the rate of fire? I guess the only thing you could do would be get a weaker recoil spring?
    11 month wait and no approval. That's a LONG time to wait and your still waiting. Out of state transfer?

UZI Talk Supporter
    Reloading you could manipulate this.
    Def in one ear ecated in the other

Yea, mid March it went pending from the dealer to me.....I have a few other Class III items and never had a wait like this.....
    Quote Originally Posted by KickStand View Post
    11 month wait and no approval. That's a LONG time to wait and your still waiting. Out of state transfer?

I have never shot one, but I suppose you are right.....I have shot an MP40 and that was very smooth, something like 550 RPM....I have a reising and it’s way too fast, I would love an Uzi but on a soldiers budget not gonna happen unless I win the lottery....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffshot View Post
    The Smith 76 is very controllable as it is. I don't think it needs to be slowed down. You may want to shoot it a bit first.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    Better to add weight to the bolt.
    When I was in the market, I thought about drilling out the inside of the bolt (where the recoil rod/spring fit) and press fitting a custom tungsten “pipe” to replace the removed material. You could add several ounces to it that way. The insert would be pretty pricy I imagine though.

You could do the TASK slow fire conversion if you ran an AR stock.
    Signature

UZI Talk Life Member
    Richard at BWE Firearms is working on improvements to the MK 760. Increasing the bolt is one area of work.

That would be great, I would love to hear how that goes....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockless55 View Post
    Richard at BWE Firearms is working on improvements to the MK 760. Increasing the bolt is one area of work.

UZI Talk Life Member
    My goal is to get a bunch of 76/760 parts and accessories into production this year. As I get things done I will make announcements here.
    Richard Hoffman
    Gunsmith/Owner

BWE Firearms & BWE Parts
    Longwood, FL
    (407) 592-3975
    www.bwefirearms.com
    www.bweparts.com
    richard@bwefirearms.com

Richard, we are all following your efforts......and as a future MK 760 owner I am excited....

Quote Originally Posted by BWE Firearms View Post
    My goal is to get a bunch of 76/760 parts and accessories into production this year. As I get things done I will make announcements here.

UZI Talk Life Member
    This last year was very hectic. My Daughter graduating from college and then finding her a job and my Son graduating from High School and going off to college. I am hoping 2018 is a lot less hectic so I can get some work done. I am working on stock parts as well as some cool hop up parts for the 76/760.
    Richard Hoffman
    Gunsmith/Owner

BWE Firearms & BWE Parts
    Longwood, FL
    (407) 592-3975
    www.bwefirearms.com
    www.bweparts.com
    richard@bwefirearms.com

I understand the kids thing.....congrats and hope 2018 allows you more time......

Quote Originally Posted by BWE Firearms View Post
    This last year was very hectic. My Daughter graduating from college and then finding her a job and my Son graduating from High School and going off to college. I am hoping 2018 is a lot less hectic so I can get some work done. I am working on stock parts as well as some cool hop up parts for the 76/760.

I agree with SHURESHOT.

I'm sure you can work out a load that you will be happy with. I recently shot 1,000 rounds of 115 grain SUBSONIC 9mm out of a sig MPX SBR. NO PROBELMS. I rain out of 147gr Bullets, so I had to figure something out.

+ Reply to Thread