UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Street Sweeper receiver

Quote Originally Posted by rchaisch View Post

He said it was a police confiscated gun, so he cut the receiver. He says everything is there. I'll see when it comes in.
    that Police confiscation story sounds a little sketchy, ATF went to the ends of the earth to account for all those strikers and SS, I remember seeing a bulletin in the early 2000's that LE was to notify ATF if they ran across one .................even those turned into police probably wouldn't have come out the other end ( property auctions etc. ) with any part of the receiver intact.....the SS, that I have a line on got cut up because it was never registered, I can't find an FFL10 who will manufacture it for me and I'm scared to death to F1 it, till I find another receiver or parts kit ....my search continues , be careful brother

[QUOTE= ATF went to the ends of the earth to account for all those strikers and SS, [/QUOTE]

That's a bunch of BS there, they may have sent notice letters to some purchasers of the weapons but a long way from all purchasers.

From Feb to May of 2001 ATF ran ads in every major newspaper as well as shotgun news and several others warning of the close of registration . ...there were also stories of letters to FFLs back then to confirm customer purchases ...did many slip by.... sure ...but the internet wasn't what it is today.....end of the earth may be a bit much bit unless you were living under a rock back then.......if you had one , or knew what it was , you understood what you were supposed to do.....

Regardless, my parts kit should be here Friday.

Just saw this on FB. Is that a complete receiver?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/750117876

Quote Originally Posted by rchaisch View Post
    Just saw this on FB. Is that a complete receiver?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/750117876
    Looks like parts from two receivers, enough to make one complete receiver (if one were to go through the legal process ).
    Last edited by Super Dakę; 02-21-2018 at 10:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread