UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Street Sweeper receiver

Street Sweeper receiver

does anyone know what the actual receiver in a Street Sweeper is? i'm curious how hard it would be to F1 a parts kit and make a receiver. any pics or dimensions would be helpful.

From what I have read if no barrel is on it does not need to be registered. If a barrel is on it then it must be previously registered or it is illegal. If you can find a receiver with no barrel you can register it to put a barrel on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkcollector View Post
    From what I have read if no barrel is on it does not need to be registered. If a barrel is on it then it must be previously registered or it is illegal. If you can find a receiver with no barrel you can register it to put a barrel on it.
    yea, thats what i understand.

i see parts kits from time to time and i was wondering how hard it would be to buy a parts kit and make a receiver (after my F1 was approved).

These are from my user manual.
    Pic 1 shows the receiver and bbl.
    Pic 2 shows the whole gun.
    Attached Images    

Ok. Thanks!

Most of the parts kits were saw cut thru the receiver if most FFL10 who can manufacturer a DD won't touch it , making a receiver from scratch seems pretty out there....the downfall of the street sweeper in today's world is you can get a Saiga or Vepr with 20 round drum under $700 and no $200 tax ...the street sweeper was cool back in the day when there were not options....I've seen them listed on GB in the $995 range but they don't ever sell for that....I'm guessing $600 is about current going rate for a transferable .....where are you guys finding parts kits for sale ??

UZI Talk Supporter
    I almost bought a SS back in 91,when I came home from Boot Camp.
    Hated myself for not buying it then, but I'm kinda glad I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by rentprop1 View Post
    Most of the parts kits were saw cut thru the receiver if most FFL10 who can manufacturer a DD won't touch it , making a receiver from scratch seems pretty out there....the downfall of the street sweeper in today's world is you can get a Saiga or Vepr with 20 round drum under $700 and no $200 tax ...the street sweeper was cool back in the day when there were not options....I've seen them listed on GB in the $995 range but they don't ever sell for that....I'm guessing $600 is about current going rate for a transferable .....where are you guys finding parts kits for sale ??
    Cope's had one last year. i almost bought it, but didn't and it was gone in no time. i still kick myself for not jumping on it. sometimes they are on Gunbroker. there are two complete ones on there for $1500 to $1999 and they aren't moving. a few months ago someone had one for $999 and it eventually sold.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...street+sweeper

i know SS are kinda dumb and non-ergonomic, but for some reason i kinda want one.

Quote Originally Posted by sniperdoc View Post
    I almost bought a SS back in 91,when I came home from Boot Camp.
    Hated myself for not buying it then, but I'm kinda glad I didn't.
    i asked last year on a local gun facebook group if a $1700 SS was worth it. my local NFA Trust lawyer said he had a client who sold a SS for a "few hundred dollars" because no one wanted it. i was pissed and saddened. i would have jumped at it.

I never wanted a SS. Then I found a smoking deal on one that was a little rough and missing one part (which I just happened to already have). The only reason I got it was I figured I could buy it, clean it up, and turn it for a profit. Turns out I like it way too much to sell I'd get rid of my SAR-48 or my MAC before I get rid of my SS (of course, it doesn't have as big a profit margin as the MGs either, so...) But that's just MHO, I like things that are odd or different (and I never had a shotgun with an aluminum bbl and drum/cylinder before ).
    Last edited by Super Dakę; 02-13-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Aluminum Barrel !

Now that is something I never knew about the Street Sweeper.
    What kind of life would that have, and where would you get a new one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Junkcollector View Post
    Now that is something I never knew about the Street Sweeper.
    What kind of life would that have, and where would you get a new one ?
    Yeah, I was surprised too. Sure made cutting the bbl down to 12" easy (31" OL open, 20" OL folded).
    No idea about bbl life. I've had mine since 2010, and only put about 500 rds through it, but it shows no wear. When I first got it, my bigger "concern" was the aluminum cylinder, but that's not been an issue either.
    As for spares, first thing I do when I get any MG/DD is collect parts/kits. Finding a new one isn't going to happen, but plenty were parted out, and I grabbed some when I found 'em cheap enough. Now some kits cost mare then I paid for the gun.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dakę View Post
    I'd get rid of my SAR-48 or my MAC before I get rid of my SS (of course, it doesn't have as big a profit margin as the MGs either, so...)
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey... View Post
    Really?
    Hence the "profit margin" part. Getting rid of either MG will get me thousands of dollars (up to 10 for the SAR, 3-4 for the MAC) more than I paid for them. The SS "might" get me 1K profit. There's a reason I sold my MG42 and still have the SS. The MG was much cooler (and obviously I liked it way more), but so was the $20K profit. But that's just me, and I'm not getting rid of anything right now

On a related note... Anyone use the Armson OEG on their SS? I think if I ever get one, i almost have to get an OEG.

Quote Originally Posted by rchaisch View Post
    On a related note... Anyone use the Armson OEG on their SS? I think if I ever get one, i almost have to get an OEG.
    I have the Armson on my SS and really like it. Put one on my Sterling MK-V also. If you get a new one (yep, Armson still makes/sells the SS sight) get the tritium upgrade. If you find an old one, Armson can put new tritium in it. JFYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dakę View Post
    I have the Armson on my SS and really like it. Put one on my Sterling MK-V also. If you get a new one (yep, Armson still makes/sells the SS sight) get the tritium upgrade. If you find an old one, Armson can put new tritium in it. JFYI.
    Yeah, I did some research some time ago. That's what I figured.

I just bought a Street sweeper parts kit..... Can't wait to get it in.

How much did that set you back if you don't mind the asking....I'm trying to establish what a parts kit is worth and where are the cuts versus what's missing parts receiver wise ??

Quote Originally Posted by rentprop1 View Post
    How much did that set you back if you don't mind the asking....I'm trying to establish what a parts kit is worth and where are the cuts versus what's missing parts receiver wise ??
    I paid $365 shipped. The last couple I've seen were between $335 and $399. He was asking $495, but it was listed for a few months. I guess I got a good deal. The stock is slightly bent, but should straighten up easily.

He said it was a police confiscated gun, so he cut the receiver. He says everything is there. I'll see when it comes in. Either I'll save up for a genuine one or I might F1 it.

+ Reply to Thread