UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replacement springs for Zytel mags?

Replacement springs for Zytel mags?

I have several Zytel magazines for the M11/9 that work well, but there are a few that can't seem to keep up even with the Max-11 upper. It seems like the springs are to blame. Tried some searching, but I'm not coming up with any hits for magazine springs.

Can anyone recommend a replacement spring that works, or can be made to work? I have some Wolff springs for the Glock 33 round magazines and I have some Uzi and Sten mags that I'm not using and wouldn't mind scavaging from those if those springs will work.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Try the springs for the other guns since you already have them.

UZI Talk Life Member
    A number of us have successfully used the Wolff Uzi mags in our converted PAM2 mags. I’d imagine they're good candidates for use in Zytel mags.
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

UZI Talk Life Member
    If you don't have another from a worn out zytel then try a Wolf Uzi spring. Worked fine for me.

PM me a shipping address. I'll send you a Cobray spring for free.
    If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst, boing or explode, it's not worth shooting.

Question

I'll give the Uzi mag springs a try. I was pretty sure someone had found a solution. Was hoping to avoid going through the trial and error process myself.

I appreciate the offer, but I think maybe the Cobray springs are not heat treated properly, like the springs in various Korean magazines (that's why I have Wolff mag springs for Glock magazines on hand), and would probably just lead to the same problem sometime later on.

UZI Talk Life Member
    hell.... i used to gut my zytels that the feed lips wore out on and replaced the kung-fu springs in the Pam2s with the zytel mag springs..

+ Reply to Thread