UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just fired a FA AK for the first time....

Just fired a FA AK for the first time....

Obviously, totally different than a 9 mm sub gun or even an M16

Actually easier to mag dump and control then to attempt burst fire.

I'll wait for the lage M11/15 But maybe instead of a used Porsche I'll get an AK.

Seriously good fun

wait till you try a mag dump on an m14. That’s a wild ride

UZI Talk Life Member
    Great times. Like going from a stock MAC to an Uzi- damn Uzi feels like a hand mixer running in your hands (in a very nice way).

Quote Originally Posted by dgleavitt View Post
    wait till you try a mag dump on an m14. That’s a wild ride
    I never have, but I've been told that the M14 muzzle rise is Wild..

This AK hit like a jackhammer but even a 20 round mag dump was decently controllable

I like the AK full auto, lots of fun. Different feel of course compared to an M-16 and while the 16 is smooth, the AK smacks you around a bit.

Any 7.62 NATO rifle on full auto is going to be off target pretty quick. Try on a short barrel FN FAL for size. The SCAR 17 is also goofy to shoot due to the polymer lower and all the weight is up top.

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    Great times. Like going from a stock MAC to an Uzi- damn Uzi feels like a hand mixer running in your hands (in a very nice way).
    The Uzi to me feels like a sewing machine. If I owned a full auto one I'd have to speed up the rate of fire a tad. For whatever reason subguns that run 500-600 rpm and 800-900 rpm feel great and around 700 or so they do not, at least to me. I get to shoot a Mini Uzi this year so looking forward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by garandman View Post
    Obviously, totally different than a 9 mm sub gun or even an M16

Actually easier to mag dump and control then to attempt burst fire.

I'll wait for the lage M11/15 But maybe instead of a used Porsche I'll get an AK.

Seriously good fun
    All true garandman . We get mine out about once a month to bust up our faces and rattle our fillings . Insane fun . We pass it around like those smoking devices in college LOL for a mag or 2 each then put it away . Once in awhile I let people fire it at our range and they are always grinning ear to ear .

I will admit , subguns are easier to control !!

UZI Talk Supporter
    i fired a AK variant once---cant remember the model name, but it had a very odd and uncomfortable stock on it....i thought it was 100% uncontrollable and worthless....i had considered buying an AK at one point but immediately decided id rather have more subguns instead.....could have been the awkward stock

ive shot a m14 w/ a bipod while laying on the ground...not very controllable...once again i decided .223 is the only somewhat controllable FA rifle....

looks like the lage 11/15 is very controllable....comparing it to my ruger and m16 in video's ive seen it looks almost like a subgun its so controllable....exciting stuff

medium caliber full auto rifles are just for throwing lead down range....i do not know why the AK is the most produced gun ever....im glad our enemies use them though....1-2 shots on target and the rest over the guys heads is fine with me

UZI Talk Supporter
    The AKs w/underfolding stocks are bastards to shoot FA

Quote Originally Posted by Battering ram NIB View Post
    i fired a AK variant once---cant remember the model name, but it had a very odd and uncomfortable stock on it....i thought it was 100% uncontrollable and worthless....i had considered buying an AK at one point but immediately decided id rather have more subguns instead.....could have been the awkward stock

ive shot a m14 w/ a bipod while laying on the ground...not very controllable...once again i decided .223 is the only somewhat controllable FA rifle....

me
    Burst fire was very erratic with the full auto AK. Mag domps were much easier.

Don't shoot an underfolder or wire stock ---- you won't have a face left . LOL!!!!

AK47 you say? Yes, they do take a little practice to get comfortable with. After a little time anyone can become proficient. I got mine back in '02 when prices were more reasonable. It's the real deal 1965 Chinese Type 56 with full stock and milled receiver. It always goes bang, but if you're expecting AR-15 recoil and accuracy, you'll be disappointed.

One proverb about automatic weapon designs that I've found to be completely true:

"Powerful, controllable, or lightweight. Pick two."

UZI Talk Supporter
    i even find a M16 difficult to control on long bursts.....and the ruger ac556 even worse....im a p*ssy though

beautiful gun above!....good choice

Quote Originally Posted by MG34_Dan View Post
    AK47 you say? Yes, they do take a little practice to get comfortable with. After a little time anyone can become proficient. I got mine back in '02 when prices were more reasonable. It's the real deal 1965 Chinese Type 56 with full stock and milled receiver. It always goes bang, but if you're expecting AR-15 recoil and accuracy, you'll be disappointed.

That is a serious awesome piece , worth a fortune and almost impossible to find !!! I have a converted Steyr Maadi but would love a piece like that !

Awesome piece!!

Quote Originally Posted by panhead5 View Post
    That is a serious awesome piece, worth a fortune and almost impossible to find!!! I have a converted Steyr Maadi but would love a piece like that!
    Awesome piece!!
    Thank you for the kind remarks. Both Dolf Goldsmith and Frank Iannamico have seen it and told me it was an M22 export version. It came from the estate of a major Texas Class 3 manufacturer after he died in an auto accident. This was one of two in the estate. The other currently resides in Colorado.

Most of its components have matching serial numbers. But, the recoil spring assembly does not and it has early Russian/Soviet proof marks. Frank said that this was not unusual for such an early Chinese AK.
    Last edited by MG34_Dan; 03-08-2018 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Fix spelling error.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MG34_Dan View Post

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
    Remember me in your will?

MG34_Dan...... nice!

If you got an MG34, you have my permission to post pics of that here too.

Quote Originally Posted by garandman View Post
    MG34_Dan...... nice!
    If you got an MG34, you have my permission to post pics of that here too.
    Actually, I have a pair of '34s. One is transferrable and the other is a Postie shooter.

How does an AK compare to a full auto sear host PTR91 or PTR32?

+ Reply to Thread