UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AK pistol

AK pistol

If I were to lose my ever loving mind and buy an AK pistol, which manufacturer would you Recommend?

And would you recommend 762 or 556?

Since it would eventually be SBRd, I'm leaning toward 556.

Your pics and comments welcome.

UZI Talk Supporter
    i really like my PAP
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkoISPMF35A

it was really cheap...i think like $400 at the time...maybe even $350.....ive added a handicap arm brace to it....replaced the front muzzle thread protector, tweaked the safety so it works easily, changed the handgrip to a magpul, refinished the wood and did a trigger job that probably gives it a 4lb trigger...it shoots sweet...

it barks real loud and people next to you feel the thump in their chest.......if your going to actually shoot it as a handgun i think you should skip it though..its kinda worthless...but with one of those ''arm brace'' stocks its decent and fun...

i dont know if there is such a thing as a high end AK anymore???...all seem like junk compared to the AK's of days of old....but maybe its just the price range i look in...i have a hard time paying over $500 for a junk gun like an AK when they were $125 back in 1993 for much higher quality

at todays $650 price im not sure its a very good buy....i grabbed it because it was cheap and i always wanted a shorty

Last edited by Battering ram NIB; 03-02-2018 at 09:09 AM.

UZI Talk Life Member

I went with the Draco. It uses all the full size parts which are plentiful. It is a nice SBR package. If you are going AK, go 7.62x39.

I sbr'd a pap. Its was kinda useless as a pistol. And as an sbr its cool but way to loud without earplugs. Mostly a neat range toy

Same gun as BR in the above post

Also, I removed the original pistol rear trunion and riveted in a folding stock one.... Effort factor of 500000. If you sbr it I'd look into them stormworks hinges that you just bolt to the back of the pistol trunion

UZI Talk Supporter
    I have a Mini Draco.
    7.6239 loses less velocity & energy than 5.56

+ Reply to Thread