UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FNC Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Yes, small parts are fine. Just no barrel or receiver. He probably works at Pindad, maker of the Indonesian FNC.
    He's actually law enforcement over there and owns a personal pindad firearm and has access to parts.

A Bolt is a smallish part, right?

I would not try to swap an FN bolt to a Pindad...
    It's like the FN FAL and L1A1. They look the same but not exactly.

my 2 cents

Small parts like bolts and others are shipped all over the world all the time. Most people wouldn’t sweat it and just do it.

So what was the outcome of geavlaw's predicament?

Guys:

The FNC the threaded screw in the gas block fell out of continues to reside at the dealer awaiting paperwork. We were not in a huge hurry to replace it, and our resident gunsmith managed to eventually locate the original thread pattern/hex head at, of all places, Newegg.com. Runs much better with the hole plugged! We scored a few of them if anybody finds themselves in the same situation. Thanks for all of the suggestions and comments.

Hello,
    I'm new to the Forum, I'm looking for an AK5 Winter Trigger guard and a Round magazine button assembly to complete my FN FNC conversion to an AK5, now if someone has the proper paint code or color I can match with cerakote you would be my hero!

Welcome jtown. Take a look at this thread for the color. BabsControl may be able to help you with those parts if he's still watching FNC Talk. There used to be a seller on GB who sold a (custom made) winter trigger guard for the FNC. Good luck.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...-Build-Project
    Last edited by dash; 08-09-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks Dash, I sent him a message. RTG used to sell the trigger guards and I never bought one....dang it

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Welcome jtown. Take a look at this thread for the color. BabsControl may be able to help you with those parts if he's still watching FNC Talk. There used to be a seller on GB who sold a (custom made) winter trigger guard for the FNC. Good luck.
    You might find Babs on falfiles.

Member Fuatos usually has spare parts for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    You might find Babs on falfiles.
    So Iím on FAFILES, I canít post or message anyone, the admins havenít activated my account and. Itís been about a month.

In contact with him now!

Quote Originally Posted by geavlaw View Post
    Guys:

The FNC the threaded screw in the gas block fell out of continues to reside at the dealer awaiting paperwork. We were not in a huge hurry to replace it, and our resident gunsmith managed to eventually locate the original thread pattern/hex head at, of all places, Newegg.com. Runs much better with the hole plugged! We scored a few of them if anybody finds themselves in the same situation. Thanks for all of the suggestions and comments.
    geavlaw---
    Do you have a link to, or the specs for, that hex head threaded screw you found at newegg.com? I'm looking to pick up a couple and have my gunsmith/machinist do the mod.
    Thanks!

Anyone know if the bolt in the Swedish AK5 is a match to our FN-FNC bolts here in the states?
    The wikipedia article on the AK5 states that they were modified but doesn't go into any detail.
    Just wondering if that may be a better option than the Pindad bolt that may, or may not be, a match...
    @paco

Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    Anyone know if the bolt in the Swedish AK5 is a match to our FN-FNC bolts here in the states?
    The wikipedia article on the AK5 states that they were modified but doesn't go into any detail.
    Just wondering if that may be a better option than the Pindad bolt that may, or may not be, a match...
    @paco
    AK5 bolt and carrier should be directly compatible. The question is, where are you going to find any for sale?

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    @paco
    The AK5 has been through several iterations, so it depend on the bolt you find. A bolt from an AK5 A or B should match up just fine. A bolt from a C or D should fit in the FNC bolt carrier, but may not be exactly the same, especially when it comes to the extractor. Compatible, yes. The same, no.

Please note, changing bolts on FNCs/AK5s often requires new headspacing. Since the barrel threads are not clocked to the receivers, you can't easily adjust the barrel for headspace and have the gas port properly line up with the gas block. This is why the Green Mountain FNC barrels do not have the gas port drilled, allowing the gunsmith to drill the port after headspacing to the receiver and bolt. Usually to fit a "new" bolt into a FNC without changing the barrel, I have to relieve the bolt face on the new bolt to headspace it to SAAMI specs for 5.56 NATO. Unlike a military armorer, most of us don't have a bunch of spare bolts laying around to try until you find one "close enough" for proper headspacing without modification.

Does anyone have a spec'd drawing for the FNC bolt?

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMan1036 View Post
    Does anyone have a spec'd drawing for the FNC bolt?
    FN has got at least 5 different boltvariants around...

+ Reply to Thread