UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: FNC Parts

FNC Parts

I know parts for our treasured FNCs are tough to come by. During a recent FA session with our most recent FNC with S&H sear, a screw apparently fell out of the gas block, turning it into the queen of the 2-round burst (only). We have a semi we can cannibalize, but wondering if anyone is aware of any source for FNC gas blocks or the proprietary screws that go into them? Thanks!

Okay, so we tried to cannibalize the small set screw in the front of the FNC gas block installed in the semi-auto, and it turns out it was staked, and never going anywhere. Between the two, the FA should have been staked and it wouldn't have departed the premises. Does anyone have a parts catalog, illustrated or otherwise, for the FNC, or does anyone know the size and thread pattern of the set screw that goes into the very front of the gas block? Thanks.

This what you're looking for?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/751102487

Just drill the hole out and thread it, I did mine to 10/32 and used a socket head set screw. This also allows you to regulate the gas system somewhat.

Contact member "fuatos"
    He has/had at least one gasblock.

If not, plan B
    Don't alter weapons with collecting value, my 2 cents
    Paco

Dash: Great find! I am trying to confirm with the seller it is the same, very small set screw we are discussing, but have not yet received a response. Any idea what this particular port/screw is for?

Thank you.

Copper - that may be our last resort, as we are trying to keep these rifles as close to original as possible. Do you have any idea what this port/set screw is for?

Thank you.

Paco - thanks so much for the lead and I will follow up with our fellow member. I concur, keeping these highly collectible firearms as close to original as possible is always a great idea.

Thanks!

fuatos currently has a gas block for sale on GB, but it does not have this screw or even a place for it. As for what I gave a link to...he lists it as a gas cut off bolt washer. Looking at my FNC's, besides the front sight post, that's the only other thing that screws into the gas block. Any of the diagrams aren't big enough to clearly see what that part really looks like. Member okpud has rebarreled a number of FNC's and this screw helps to tune the gun. Once set, then it's staked. Paco, okpud or someone who's removed one would be the ones to confirm.
    Last edited by dash; 03-04-2018 at 01:01 PM.

I checked gunbroker. Fuatos has some nice FNC items online.
    Bayonet, bipod. Rare items

UZI Talk Supporter
    M4 x 10mm bolt base screw is what you are looking for. I replace them with hex head ones made from A2 steel for easier fine tuning of the gas system. Some have little caps crimped over them from on the gas block from the factory. The all have a non-standard head. If yours fell out, I'd recommend just picking up a new screw from a hardware store or online.

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    I checked gunbroker. Fuatos has some nice FNC items online.
    Bayonet, bipod. Rare items
    And an elusive bolt! Very cool.

Bolts are a pain in the... to find any.
    It will never drop in price. Good investment.
    Early days the costed 200 now more as the double, in europe, if you find any...

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    This what you're looking for?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/751102487

That is Dana Reed, a very very well known con artist. Do not send him any money. Go post an inquiry about him on Subguns. Be sure to pop some popcorn.

UZI Talk Life Member

I may have some parts to sell in the next couple of weeks. Including a bolt and a bolt carrier already milled by TBA for sear trip. I have my FNC up for sale with a local shop. So once the FNC sells, I will sell my spare parts.

Quote Originally Posted by rsideout View Post
    I may have some parts to sell in the next couple of weeks. Including a bolt and a bolt carrier already milled by TBA for sear trip. I have my FNC up for sale with a local shop. So once the FNC sells, I will sell my spare parts.
    PM sent sir.

If I have a friend in Indonesia that has small parts for the FN FNC, am I allowed to have them shipped to me? I can't find anything pertaining to just parts, only barrels and receivers. Just want to get a realistic idea of the law before trying to have something shipped to me.

Yes, small parts are fine. Just no barrel or receiver. He probably works at Pindad, maker of the Indonesian FNC.

UZI Talk Supporter
    If you plan on reselling them, then they all fall under the USMIL Category I list and you need to have a firearms import license (or use a importer that does). You can apply using ATF Form 5330.4. Certain exemptions are made for low dollar imports (less than $100) of non-prohibited items that are not for resale. Also, Type 1, 3 and 7 FFLs who are not primarily engaged in importing can do occasional imports to obtain repair parts without having to become an importer. That's how the law is written. I know not everyone in the past has followed it to the letter, but that's a different conversation. Do a google search for USMIL and ATF and you will find a lot of info on the ATF site. For reference, here is the exact wording from the USMIL list:

category i - firearms
    (a) Nonautomatic and semiautomatic firearms, to caliber .50 inclusive, combat shotguns, and shotguns with barrels less than 18 inches in length, and all components and parts for such firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by okpud View Post
    If you plan on reselling them, then they all fall under the USMIL Category I list and you need to have a firearms import license (or use a importer that does). You can apply using ATF Form 5330.4. Certain exemptions are made for low dollar imports (less than $100) of non-prohibited items that are not for resale. Also, Type 1, 3 and 7 FFLs who are not primarily engaged in importing can do occasional imports to obtain repair parts without having to become an importer. That's how the law is written. I know not everyone in the past has followed it to the letter, but that's a different conversation. Do a google search for USMIL and ATF and you will find a lot of info on the ATF site. For reference, here is the exact wording from the USMIL list:

category i - firearms
    (a) Nonautomatic and semiautomatic firearms, to caliber .50 inclusive, combat shotguns, and shotguns with barrels less than 18 inches in length, and all components and parts for such firearms.

See that's about what I gathered. How are they going to know exactly the purchase price of a single set of small parts was? or if a friend was literally sending them as a gift? If it's just a one time shipment for personal use and not resale, do think I'd have to go through all the formalities still? I could just talk to my friend who is an FFL an see if I could have him import them for me, but I'd rather not.

+ Reply to Thread