UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FN FNC Picture Thread?

FN FNC Picture Thread?

I noticed that the FNC board is sort of dry, I understand it because it's not one of the more popular full autos, but I just picked one up not long ago. I'm going to start by saying this, I shoot my rifles for fun and I didn't buy them to sell them later down the line, with that out of the way, Here are some pictures of my FN FNC that I have done a pretty considerable amount of work to get it to this point, and the best part is that other than the cerakote, no modifications where made to the actual rifle it's self. a quick refinish and re-installation of the factory accessories and it's be in classic form. Again I have no plans on doing that though ha. I do plan on adding the ACR stock and I'm making my own adapter for it. I also plan on re-barreling it with a barrel from Green Mountain and cutting it down to the gas block and adding one of my suppressors. Other than that, she's pretty much done for now. Alright enough yapping, here's the pics:

Zero cool that is a fine FNC - I am curious what was needed to fit the FAL hand guard and what brand it is? You have inspired me to dig my FNC out and look at making some mods to it!

Uh-Oh- Here we go!
    Barbie Machinegun Dress up.

Quote Originally Posted by deadduck View Post
    Uh-Oh- Here we go!
    Barbie Machinegun Dress up.
    ? Serious. When you pay for my guns you can tell me how to "dress them up"

Thanks man. It's a pain to upload pictures here. Do you use facebook? I could walk you through it. PM me on here

I would also like to know about handguard and pistol grip

Hey I love playing Barbie Machinegun Dress up.
    I only have one FNC but I have a wardrobe full of outfits for her. I can never decide which one to settle on. So many dreams, never enough time........ or money.

Nice gun, ZeroCool!

I second the call for info about the handguard and pistol grip.

Looks great! Reminds me a little of the newer RAL8000 HK416s.

Nice job.

Also, the magrelease, is it an add on?

Quote Originally Posted by Davises View Post
    Zero cool that is a fine FNC - I am curious what was needed to fit the FAL hand guard and what brand it is? You have inspired me to dig my FNC out and look at making some mods to it!

Quote Originally Posted by seabee View Post
    I would also like to know about handguard and pistol grip

Quote Originally Posted by gman552 View Post
    Nice gun, ZeroCool!

I second the call for info about the handguard and pistol grip.

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Nice job.

Also, the magrelease, is it an add on?

Hey thanks all,

The pistol grip is a Magpul SL grip for an ak47.

I spent some time with a dremel clearing out the support ribs that were on the inside and I notched the top of the beaver tail to interface with the lower receiver better. I also brought down the edge that contacts the trigger guard in order to allow the grip to seat all the way up against the receiver. I had to drill a hole in the grip further back from the original bolt mounting hole. Then I stacked nuts around the factor bolt so that the head of the bolt would clear the side wall enough to tighten it down.

The hand-guard was a little more work as it was made for an FAL. I had to trim off some of the rear mounting point so it would sit deeper in the hand-guard collar on the rifle, I had to drill out the front pin hole and grind it open to the edge of the hand-guard to allow the gas block pin to clear the hand-guard enough to get it into position. I covered that work up with the QD sling mounts that I drilled and tapped the hand-guard for at the front. I also added a bolt directly behind that location that goes through to the other side of the hand-guard and allows you to tighten/ pinch the hand-guard onto the gas block. On the top of the hand-guard, I had to cut, grind and file away the rearward portion to clear the adverse condition switch. This was difficult because it's super close and there's no room for error.

As far as the mage release is concerned, it's just an AR15 mag release that I reduced the outer dimensions slightly of the actual button with a file, drilled a roll pin hole in the same location as the factory mag release button, I cerakoted it, and then added the extended release that came with my mag release button.
    Last edited by ZeroCool; 03-23-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sweersa View Post
    Looks great! Reminds me a little of the newer RAL8000 HK416s.

That's actually what inspired the lower receiver color. Awesome someone caught that so quick. Must have got my color mix ratio right haha.

can you would you post pics of the work you did to the handguards?

My contribution to the thread. I've been using the FAB defense grip for awhile and really like it. My other Howco is bone stock except for switching the folder to a fixed stock. Interested in hearing/seeing more about the handguard.

Last edited by dash; 03-23-2018 at 07:52 PM.

Just got a video up kind of describing and showing what all is done to the rifle Here's the link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkq1QDcT4eU

Excellent video! Thanks for sharing that. Been meaning to PM you for details on the handguard.

How my rifle is probably going to be looking for a while until I get my stamp back and possibly an Elcan Specter DR

I woke up and saw the latest news was some church and police station bombings in Indonesia. I figure I'd put these here since they are pictures, just not mine...... and not really of FNCs - kindof. Most likely Pindads since it's from Indonesia. I'm just happy to see they are still alive and well..... although it takes a tragedy for them to be pulled out in public. If I was there, I'd probably get arrested for trying to pet one.

I'm happy to see the indonesian pics.
    The second last pics shows a plastic mag that came with my Pindad too, so now i know it is original

Thanks!

Thanks for verifying that paco. I wondered if it was a Thermold mag or something Pindad made for themselves.

+ Reply to Thread