UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst 1 8 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Suomi Coffin Mags 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by BGR View Post
    Mags come with their original springs, the new repro springs are separate. Thanks
    Thanks, ordered!

Why does the magazine get free shipping but the $23 dollar springs cost $9 to ship?

ETA: I’d rather see the price include free shipping and pay more upfront than realize it’s different after. $9 seems like a lot to ship springs. Then extra for insurance...
    Last edited by Donut77donut; 10-22-2020 at 04:36 PM.

I haven’t checked, but how easy is it to replace coffin springs? I want to buy, but I don’t have the patience to conduct major surgery on a magazine. Anyone?

I have 5 coffin mags so I ordered 10 springs. The coffin mags are my favorite.
    Thanks BGR

UZI Talk Supporter
    So these show in stock. Are they shipping?

https://www.bayougunrunner.com/SUOMI...GS_p_1165.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    So these show in stock. Are they shipping?

https://www.bayougunrunner.com/SUOMI...GS_p_1165.html
    Description says “ ///IN ROUTE EARLY ORDER NOW///”

They are easy to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by gun.bro View Post
    I havenít checked, but how easy is it to replace coffin springs? I want to buy, but I donít have the patience to conduct major surgery on a magazine. Anyone?

The profit margin on the mags is higher so I have room to offer free shipping. Why do you think 9.00 is a lot for shipping? Its flat rate, order 500 springs and they will ship for $9.00 is that easier to swallow? I could stuff them in a white envelope and put a stamp on it but when they don't make it to you would that be ok?

I don't understand your comment, see what would be different?

Show of hands, who wants me to raise the price of each set of springs by 9.00 and offer free shipping instead of a flat rate charge of 9.00 to ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Donut77donut View Post
    Thanks, ordered!

Why does the magazine get free shipping but the $23 dollar springs cost $9 to ship?

ETA: I’d rather see the price include free shipping and pay more upfront than realize it’s different after. $9 seems like a lot to ship springs. Then extra for insurance...

Thanks everyone for ordering. Springs should be here by Tuesday and I will start shipping them out soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by BGR View Post
    The profit margin on the mags is higher so I have room to offer free shipping. Why do you think 9.00 is a lot for shipping? Its flat rate, order 500 springs and they will ship for $9.00 is that easier to swallow? I could stuff them in a white envelope and put a stamp on it but when they don't make it to you would that be ok?

I don't understand your comment, see what would be different?

Show of hands, who wants me to raise the price of each set of springs by 9.00 and offer free shipping instead of a flat rate charge of 9.00 to ship?
    It wasn’t deal breaker expensive, I ordered, and I understand the flat rate shipping. I guess I’m just cheaper than most and think $9 is a lot to ship springs. I appreciate the effort to get these to market and fair prices on your website. I was being trivial about the shipping and apologize for bringing it up. You’re an asset to this site and our community, thank you!

UZI Talk Life Member

Priority Mail Flat Rate is now $7.55.

I sell a few things on ebay and am pretty knowledgeable about shipping costs and the cheapest methods.

Paying an employee to pack, label and ship plus padded envelopes pretty much gets you to $9.00. I'm shocked at postage costs and I often wonder about the impact on small businesses.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

No reason to apologize, its part of it. When you only see your perspective 9.00 is a lot but on my end there's a lot more involved. Currently the cost of a USPS small flat is over 8.00 due to the holiday price increase so I probably made .80 cents off of your shipping charges before accounting for cc processing fees, additional packaging, or anything else. Had you ordered more and I had to go up to Reg A or MED Flat you would still pay 9.00 and it would actually cost me 10.00 to 14.00 to ship your order. Most days you run in the negative on shipping and you hope the product margins make up for it. I could charge by weight but I don't have time for that and in the end the shipping fees would average out to be more.

Usually I do free shipping for anything over 150.00 but that is currently not active due to the site wide 10% off sale.

I blame most of this on the era of Amazon. When larger corporations are willing to take huge start up losses to get their name out there its bad news for the smaller guys. The majority of Americans (myself included) now EXPECT two day deliveries and free shipping on every item. A lot of us just can't meet those expectations.

It wasn’t deal breaker expensive, I ordered, and I understand the flat rate shipping. I guess I’m just cheaper than most and think $9 is a lot to ship springs. I appreciate the effort to get these to market and fair prices on your website. I was being trivial about the shipping and apologize for bringing it up. You’re an asset to this site and our community, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Fulautotank View Post
    I have 5 coffin mags so I ordered 10 springs. The coffin mags are my favorite.
    Thanks BGR
    You get (2) springs for the $23.95 to do one magazine. You only needed to order (5) for your (5) magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by CRofMel View Post
    You get (2) springs for the $23.95 to do one magazine. You only needed to order (5) for your (5) magazines.
    Yes, I wanted extra. That way I have 2 sets per magazine.
    I use my coffin mags often when shooting my max10/31.

Last Update: The Springs are in and I will start pushing out your orders this week. Thanks again and I hope they meet your expectations and please spread the word.

So each coffin mag has 2 springs in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Type80KP View Post
    So each coffin mag has 2 springs in it?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by xdamagedx View Post
    yes
    https://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?PageNu...3DPN%2F2217848

Do surplus mags generally require new springs?

UZI Talk Supporter
    It's made 70 years ago so generally a good idea, but I learned the hard way a couple of mine have broken springs. Oddly they still work.

I have about a dozen Suomi Coffin Mags and two of them started giving me feeding problems after moderate to heavy use.

I got in on the first round of Coffin mag springs, replaced the springs in the two problem mags and that sorted my feeding issues out immediately.

If you have coffin mags, I’d recommend getting springs while they are available.

Dr.

+ Reply to Thread