UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1 9 19 LastLast

Thread: Suomi Coffin Mags 2.0

UZI Talk Life Member
    Looks really good Klyph. Thanks for your service to the community!

After many years and pouring tens of thousands of rounds of WWB down range, my recent negative experience with this ammo leaves me questioning its use in subguns. I’m no longer a fan of this ammo. Not at all. I’m blaming the single malfunction you experienced on that ammo.
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Wahhoooooo! Thanks Klyph. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37 View Post
    Are you finally going to shoot the MI state match ?

I will have the coffins there for other people to try out, if you are bringing your Max-31

Damn I want a Max10/31now. I hate the drums but those mags just sold me!!!

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas SMG View Post
    Looks really good Klyph. Thanks for your service to the community!

After many years and pouring tens of thousands of rounds of WWB down range, my recent negative experience with this ammo leaves me questioning its use in subguns. I’m no longer a fan of this ammo. Not at all. I’m blaming the single malfunction you experienced on that ammo.
    My Lage upper does not like WWB either. I have had several out of battery, weak sounding misfires, and 2 squibs in my Lage upper. Looks like crimp is too deep in latest runs of WWB.

UZI Talk Life Member
    How should we take care of the balance owed on our orders?

UZI Talk Life Member
    There's a balance?

Check sent for 5 sets.

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Shot each spring set(2) twice today( 100rds )through the following firearms . Max31, swede k, suomi k31. All functioned well. Springs are much nicer than originals. Bad news, mags are still a bitch to load
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chili17 View Post
    Shot each spring set(2) twice today( 100rds )through the following firearms . Max31, swede k, suomi k31. All functioned well. Springs are much nicer than originals. Bad news, mags are still a bitch to load
    Some folks just can't be pleased.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Did you try multiple mags and the different followers? Thanks for volunteering to make this project successful.

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Two sets of spring tried. One set in mag with the square followers and the other set in a mag with the round followers. The pair that went in the round follower mag had a .5lb greater load relaxed and once compressed should have the same load as the standard spring.
    Some difficulty was encountered when trying to install the new srings. Measurments were taken from a total of 6 different mags (4 square follower and two round follower). Measurments were taken at the follower nipple and 1st spring coil. Numbers were given to Sprinco for them to make slight adjustments to aid installation.
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37 View Post
    LAME, LAME, LAME Jake!

Hang your head in shame Jake!

I worked late Friday and totally whimped out on Sat am.
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

RE: Bad news, mags are still a bitch to load

Prob a stupid question, but have you tried eyeballing the tip of the loader as it contacts the round when you push down on it? The design is poor (mine wiggles a little, they are ancient) and sometimes it likes to slip off the casing and then you really have to push that old thing all the way down to get the next one to fit. It's tight, but it works.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Two sets of spring tried. One set in mag with the square followers and the other set in a mag with the round followers. The pair that went in the round follower mag had a .5lb greater load relaxed and once compressed should have the same load as the standard spring.
    Some difficulty was encountered when trying to install the new srings. Measurments were taken from a total of 6 different mags (4 square follower and two round follower). Measurments were taken at the follower nipple and 1st spring coil. Numbers were given to Sprinco for them to make slight adjustments to aid installation.
    Thanks Chris, great job.....like anyone would expect otherwise.

Last week to get in on the Coffin Mag Spring $2 off special

Hi Everybody!

I just spoke to Alan over at Sprinco and he said the pre-order deal is still good through the end of this week. $10 up front via check and they will call us for our card info for the balance ($7.50 each set if I heard him right) when they go to ship in a few weeks. I think he said 2 or 3 wks, but don't take me out back if I'm wrong. They are beginning the manufacturing process this week.

Given the stipulations on the original post I figured it was long over. I am happy to say I was wrong.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

UZI Talk Supporter
    One set in mag with the square followers and the other set in a mag with the round followers.
    Have you noticed a difference before between the square and round followers?

Quote Originally Posted by TMack View Post
    Hi Everybody!

I just spoke to Alan over at Sprinco and he said the pre-order deal is still good through the end of this week. $10 up front via check and they will call us for our card info for the balance ($7.50 each set if I heard him right) when they go to ship in a few weeks. I think he said 2 or 3 wks, but don't take me out back if I'm wrong. They are beginning the manufacturing process this week.

Given the stipulations on the original post I figured it was long over. I am happy to say I was wrong.

Sincerely,
    Thomas
    Thanks much for the work and the news. I picked up some Coffin mags and just mailed my check for 5 sets.

I just received this email from Sprinco :

We took delivery of the LN2 today and will begin the cryo run containing the mag springs tomorrow after building pressure overnight. The run will conclude on Thursday, and they'll be cooled down enough to transfer into the moly plating tanks on Friday. We'll start spinning them out in the centrifugal dryer on Monday, and commence rounding up the payment balances from the Forum Participants and shipping. The Pre-Production Special Pricing is now officially closed.

-Clif

Neat! Hopefully they'll be delivered in time for one of y'all to sell some at The Creek

+ Reply to Thread