UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spots on Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C. Waiting Lists are No Longer Transferable

Quote Originally Posted by LawBob View Post
    I think this is the best policy.
    Best policy would be to pay then make a list in the order paid ...then the list wouldn't have a bunch of people who back out ....now, number 200 is probably be the 40th guy in line who is actually gonna buy one .....but what do I know

UZI Talk Life Member
    So everyone knows, I’m 1 on the max11a1/15 list. Just sayin
    So does that make me #0? -1?
    Signature

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    Kittens. Think of the kittens.
    Signature

Quote Originally Posted by rentprop1 View Post
    Best policy would be to pay then make a list in the order paid ...then the list wouldn't have a bunch of people who back out ....now, number 200 is probably be the 40th guy in line who is actually gonna buy one .....but what do I know
    Did you ever take an economics class? Lage says that the list is in the mid 800 range. So big demand with very few examples available would mean the price goes up. Did you ever imagine that when you bought your M11/NINE would have a market value of $7,500 in 2018? Even if you can't afford the upper, put it on your CC and turn around and sell it for a big profit. I bet there are guys that aren't even on the list because at 600, 700, or even 800, it would be years before your number comes up. Life is short. I bet there are some that will simply put up WTB ads or get in bidding wars on GB to get one. I don't blame Lage for locking positions. It sounds like a nightmare to keep up with with no additional profit. Why bother?

It won't be long and the typical MAC style RR buyer will be different than it has been in the past. With a full size Uzi in the $14,000 to $15,000 range and an AR based option, I can see the price of a MAC style RR going to $15,000 in the next year or two. At three grand, I can see others developing the MAC style RR further. I have heard rumors of other projects. With a $3,000 price point, it makes it feasible to develop a product and make a profit. I think Lage pistol caliber uppers are too inexpensive. His products have certainly increased MAC style RR values, but there has really been no competition. Why, because who can come to this market, produce a product similar to Lage and make a living? Nobody. Lage quality and CS are great. So a competitor would need to have a product that is very innovative or similar and significantly less money. Lage started producing $600 uppers when MAC style RR were what, $2,000 to $2,500. Now those same receivers are $6,500 to $7,500. So the market can bare a $3,000 rifle caliber conversion, which will only drive the RR price up. So who know what is in store for MAC style RRs. The next few years should be interesting. With the demand that is there, I'd be willing to bet that the guy in the #200 slot will get no more than the the 195 upper, unless something even more innovative comes to market before then. Time will tell. YMMV.

Scott

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by medphys View Post
    Kittens. Think of the kittens.
    I wasn't poking fun at Richard. I was ribbing the ATF.

The very next day, at the cramped office of Ted Cutter a phone rings, "Mr Cutter? We have a problem with another Form 4 applicant. He's been publicly mocking us."

Mr Cutter, "Yes Sir."

Strobro's Form 4:
    Last edited by strobro32; 04-14-2018 at 07:29 AM.
    If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst, boing or explode, it's not worth shooting. :)

UZI Talk Supporter
    I agree with Scott these things will go through the roof I think his guestimates are low though in the end.

Strobro have the examiner check under his coffee cup.

Rich

I never understood the selling of your place in line. I just figured, that if you decided that you didn't want the upper, the next person in line gets your spot.

Quote Originally Posted by medphys View Post
    So does that make me #0? -1?
    You may fly to PHX and test fire it, then it will be shipped to ME.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rentprop1 View Post
    Best policy would be to pay then make a list in the order paid ...
    No, absolutely not! Lage is an exception for their customer service and integrity but all too often in this market, people who have paid to get on the list for a future product have been burned. This happened to me several years ago when I lost over $1000 by paying for a Stonycreek upper for the M-11/Nine and never received it. I am not the only one on this forum to whom this has happened.

Although I lost $1000, I think I was better off in the end because I then bought a MAX-11 which turned out to be a much better product that the Stonycreek upper which reportedly caused "egging" of the selector switch hole on the lower.
    Last edited by Eric; 04-16-2018 at 01:18 AM.

Any selling of spots should have never involved Lage. If someone wants to sell their spot, it should be handled between the two parties. Just as if someone decides to sell their upper on Gunbroker.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Evil View Post
    Did you ever take an economics class? Lage says that the list is in the mid 800 range. So big demand with very few examples available would mean the price goes up. Did you ever imagine that when you bought your M11/NINE would have a market value of $7,500 in 2018? Even if you can't afford the upper, put it on your CC and turn around and sell it for a big profit. I bet there are guys that aren't even on the list because at 600, 700, or even 800, it would be years before your number comes up. Life is short. I bet there are some that will simply put up WTB ads or get in bidding wars on GB to get one. I don't blame Lage for locking positions. It sounds like a nightmare to keep up with with no additional profit. Why bother?

It won't be long and the typical MAC style RR buyer will be different than it has been in the past. With a full size Uzi in the $14,000 to $15,000 range and an AR based option, I can see the price of a MAC style RR going to $15,000 in the next year or two. At three grand, I can see others developing the MAC style RR further. I have heard rumors of other projects. With a $3,000 price point, it makes it feasible to develop a product and make a profit. I think Lage pistol caliber uppers are too inexpensive. His products have certainly increased MAC style RR values, but there has really been no competition. Why, because who can come to this market, produce a product similar to Lage and make a living? Nobody. Lage quality and CS are great. So a competitor would need to have a product that is very innovative or similar and significantly less money. Lage started producing $600 uppers when MAC style RR were what, $2,000 to $2,500. Now those same receivers are $6,500 to $7,500. So the market can bare a $3,000 rifle caliber conversion, which will only drive the RR price up. So who know what is in store for MAC style RRs. The next few years should be interesting. With the demand that is there, I'd be willing to bet that the guy in the #200 slot will get no more than the the 195 upper, unless something even more innovative comes to market before then. Time will tell. YMMV.

Scott
    If you suffer from lage guilt you can always send him more than he is asking for just like the IRS.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    No, absolutely not! Lage is an exception for their customer service and integrity but all too often in this market, people who have paid to get on the list for a future product have been burned. This happened to me several years ago when I lost over $1000 by paying for a Stonycreek upper for the M-11/Nine and never received it. I am not the only one on this forum to whom this has happened.

Although I lost $1000, I think I was better off in the end because I then bought a MAX-11 which turned out to be a much better product that the Stonycreek upper which reportedly caused "egging" of the selector switch hole on the lower.
    I love the SCA/Lage video review you did...
    https://youtu.be/QbVdM9ZirAg
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

Quote Originally Posted by woodenword View Post
    Any selling of spots should have never involved Lage. If someone wants to sell their spot, it should be handled between the two parties. Just as if someone decides to sell their upper on Gunbroker.

^^ this guy operates well in grey areas

Quote Originally Posted by vertex View Post
    ^^ this guy operates well in grey areas
    I just think Richard and Co. shouldn’t have to be responsible for the inevitable bickering and crabbing that goes along with this type of thing. I also don’t have a problem with someone selling their spot or their upper, as it’s the same thing. But it should be handled between private parties.

Quote Originally Posted by woodenword View Post
    I just think Richard and Co. shouldn’t have to be responsible for the inevitable bickering and crabbing that goes along with this type of thing. I also don’t have a problem with someone selling their spot or their upper, as it’s the same thing. But it should be handled between private parties.
    He certainly shouldn’t be managing the list for every change without compensation.

He certainly shouldn’t be managing the list for every change without compensation.
    I wholeheartedly agree!

Ok so it is alright here to get on a list with a reputable vendor with the intent to just get in front of other people with the intent to make a profit by selling your spot to make money. Wow that cheapens the whole site. I have been a victim of this madness as I have been on the list for many months but cant just read this and not respond. I guess it is also I figure by this rhetoric it is also ok to lay out of work just to draw food stamps because you didn't earn enough. This is BS! I regret that the first time I posted something here had to be about someone taking advantage of others.

UZI Talk Supporter
    One thing I'll say and I'm number none on the list my spot is free if anyone wants it.

We've got people that are bitch'n about price of the upper, others who are willing to pay extra to get a better spot.

Shows who's serious about buying the max 11/15
    And who had sticker shock when the Mr. Lage finally said 2995 or something close to that.

I'm just wishing BATFE would approve the darn thing so they can start to ship.
    That puts the MAC-10 version closer to production and that's the list I'll be on.

I do agree though if something like this is to be sold it should be between the two private parties with Lage Mfg. left out.

IE: I'm # 1 and sell my spot to law Bob I get the upper Law bob pays me I ship him my upper.
    Mr. Lage has enough work that he doesn't need to mess with a order list that is free to start and others are selling.

Also If I were Lage Mfg. I'd keep track of who is or has publicly sold their spot for future biz.
    If it were me a spot flipper would NOT be a preferred customer for a free wait list in the future when Lage releases the Westinghouse M-27 Phased Plasma Pulse Rifle.

Westinghouse M-27 Phased Plasma Pulse Rifle.
    Sure looks like a Lage creation to me!

Rich

UZI Talk Life Member
    If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst, boing or explode, it's not worth shooting. :)

The quick answer to spot flipping IMO is not to start a list until the price is set. I'd be willing to bet those that got in early expected the pricing to be in or around what the saber was. Issue on the saber was $1950. I personally was expecting somewhere in the $1700-2000 range Speaking for myself I'm a poor white boy with 2 kids and a bunch of CC debt and I cannot swing that extra K now (not that I really needed to swing the 2K to begin with) Don't get me wrong. The market sets the price and I get it I just personally cannot spend the money at the moment. Had I know what the price would be I would have not got on the list and waited for the list to be worked through or find one on the secondary market again once the "oh look something new" has worn off. Now I have a few options. Just let my spot expire, buy the upper when it comes out and flip it or sell my spot for a small fee and pay off a little debt or buy the kids something.

+ Reply to Thread