UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scorpion Evo Drum build

For some reason, I look at that picture and the song Money for Nothing by Dire Straits starts playing in my head.

That's the way you do it.

And some glorious test firing videos.

Klyph12 using the drum in his Scorpion carbine:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaCbLribCQM

Me using the drum in his carbine:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHp87dU7x8M

And finally, Using the drum in the owners Scorpion pistol:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrSF1X12cBU

I think the only changes I'd like to make are the following:
    1. A different follower. I tried beveling the top follower so the bolt would ride over it and there would be an empty chamber when the drum is empty but it didn't work. Klyph told me to look into the Beta drum followers that have a center-linked football shaped follower that works how I'd like this to. The present setup: the dummy round will bang forward, stop the bolt and leave the chamber open, but it puts a bit of stress on the cable that binds the dummy followers together. I'm not sure how many times you could do it before it beats itself to death and starts tearing the cable apart. My solution so far is to add a loose dummy in the bottom to signify the end.
    2. Attach the dummy follower set to the follower arm in the drum. This would pull the followers out of the tower a little easier when emptied. Although it is nice to have the option to pull the follower set out completely.
    3. A way to easily load the feed tower. It's easy to drop 60 rounds into the drum. If there was a way to fill the tower with those last few bullets, I'd be a little happier.

Overall I'm happy with the project. Honestly: I'm surprised it works, and it seems to work WELL.

My friend owes me some beer now.

UZI Talk Life Member
    1. Try tying only enough dummy rounds to stop just before the feed lips so the bolt rides over the first dummy round. Use tiny washers/spacers to help adjust the height and feed angle. Notice how the tinny spacer are stacked uneven to keep the dummy rounds at the required feed angle. That + the forward tilt and angle of the feed tower add to the reliability

2. Drill 2 through holes in the pusher arm and insert the cable. Compress a small cable stops on the back side of the pusher arm. If the cable stop is bigger than 4mm ball it will bind in the winder drum. I drilled a through hole for the cable and then drill a larger hole from the back of the pusher arm so the cable stop was partially recessed in the back of the pusher arm.

In the picture, a single cable runs from the pusher arm, through the string of dummy rounds and back down the pusher arm.

3. Load as many cartridges with the winder will allow and then push them up into the tower. Hold the cartridges with your thumb. Load remaining cartridges. Release the winder.
    Last edited by strobro32; 06-08-2018 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MPA guy View Post
    Dude, seriously, freedom munitions 9mm's are unsafe.

Looking forward to the new video though.
    All you haters got your wish Freedom Munitions file for bankruptcy.

I never get enjoyment from seeing a company possibly lay off employees.

I make no apologies for saying their 9mm new brass is unsafe. That was true and correct.

Hey Joe, good job on the drum, thanks for showing us how you did it, here's another trick to making a last round follower..... oh wait nevermind... it's still a pissing contest:

Quote Originally Posted by rentprop1 View Post
    All you haters got your wish Freedom Munitions file for bankruptcy.

+ Reply to Thread