UZI Talk Forums
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Repair FA UZI Bolt

Exclamation Repair FA UZI Bolt

Hello guys,
    im from germany and i found this forum yesterday.
    I got an old bolt from israel, but with our import rules the bolt has to be destroyed. Now its in germany and i have to fix it.

Pictures:

Now my question: can i weld it together? and how?
    i've got an electric welding tool, so i can put material on it.
    And do i need to finish the damaged ring around the bolt head?
    Sorry for my bad english

Greetings from germany,
    thanks to you all

UZI Talk Supporter
    Welcome to Uzitalk

What kind of welder?

Maybe you could find one from a forum member that's got a torch cut in better location. That way you could get it shipped in to Deutschland.

I'm sure it could be re-welded. It's hard to tell from picture but it looks like the bolt face has been slightly torched and it might have hit the extractor area.

I'm not sure what the exact laws are but if you can find one that been cut in half that would be a fast weld. The torch cut is more work but can be done.

You may want to check on German Law, Germany controls the bolts and barrels the same way that we in the U.S. Control the receivers. You can be arrested in Germany for having a bullet without a Waffenbesitz Karte. Before Paris, you could own a complete uncut Uzi receiver legally in Germany. You could never own a bolt or a barrel. "Deko weapons always had a number of holes drilled in the barrels and bolts had the face milled off to make them non-functional. I don't want to tell you your countries laws, But.......

I can hear the Polizei sirens now,

Thanks for the answers.
    @sniperdoc: welcome
    @Mackjack: electrode welder
    @KickStand: The bolthead normal must be cut 45 degrees. so i cant import one with just a torch cut. i have to repair this bolt.
    @Old Soldier: You know a lot of deutschland law. are your parents from germany or du you lived here? if im allowed to ask. Yes. Its illegal here to have an functional bolt, but i collect guns, because i simply like them.
    by the way: the gun laws are bad. In germany bolts and barrels are prohibited and in the usa it's just the receiver. Here i can buy an full auto M16 lower from us army for 80$ or ak/uzi parts. But its harder to make/repair a barrel/bolt then a receiver.
    Our gun laws are shit.

Thanks.

@KickStand: Yes the extractor hole is destroyed. i could weld material on it and drill a new hole, thats not the difficult part.
    The difficult part is: bringing material on the side of the bolt head and finish the ring around the head. Do i need the ring around the bolt head?

Thats the bolt head in detail.

And here you can see: yellow the bolt head i have to weld on and in red the ring...

I thought I read somewhere that some bolt face rims were fashioned from a standard lug bolt back in the day.

That looks like quite the challenge with a stick welder..... I hope you have your Dremel Ready and lots of free time

UZI Talk Supporter
    If you have
    1) The Desire
    2) The Knowledge
    3) The Skill
    4) The Time
    5) The Money

You can accomplish any task

UZI Talk Life Member
    john andrewski did a great weld repair on a registered mini bolt of mine. I'd try to look him up and perhaps talk to him about the details of such.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    john andrewski did a great weld repair on a registered mini bolt of mine. I'd try to look him up and perhaps talk to him about the details of such.
    The OP is in Germany, so John can't help him. Otherwise it's a great recommendation.

turbotoyota, I didn't think an UZI open bolt was a regulated item in Germany. If not, can't you pick up one of the surplus MP2 bolts over there instead of going through all this trouble?
    Looking for the definitive reference book on UZI history and technical information? Check out my book The UZI Submachine Gun Examined. Details to order a copy are here.

UZI Talk Life Member
    ^^^just to speak to him about the process and answer his welding questions.

Owning a bolt or barrel in Germany is exactly the same as owning the gun. You can own all the other parts like the receiver. But owning an intact Uzi barrel or bolt in Germany is like owning an unregistered FA Uzi receiver in the USA. These laws became even more restrictive after the attacks in Paris when many thought that the terrorist used illegally restored reactivated DEWAT or "DEKO" weapons. It was really pretty easy to restore many DEKO weapons in Germany, for an Uzi or PPSH, just drop in a new barrel or bolt. Bolts are the controlled item and it is a crime and very very few get a license. I recall that even the president of HK was arrested for having an MP5 in his house. As an individual, he was not allowed to have it.

Not sure, that they ever found out where the weapons came from for the Paris attack or if they did use restored DEKO weapons? Authorities did crack down on collectors, just to show that they were doing something.

Unless, you get some evidence that this is a legal endeavor..... As I said before, I can hear the Polizei sirens, da doo, da doo, da doo,

Alles Klar Herr Kommisar, Hande Hoch!

Quote Originally Posted by RoverDave View Post
    The OP is in Germany, so John can't help him. Otherwise it's a great recommendation.

turbotoyota, I didn't think an UZI open bolt was a regulated item in Germany. If not, can't you pick up one of the surplus MP2 bolts over there instead of going through all this trouble?
    Last edited by Old Soldier; 05-18-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turbotoyota View Post
    Thats the bolt head in detail.

And here you can see: yellow the bolt head i have to weld on and in red the ring...
    There is no fixing that.

The weapons used in Paris were deactivated VZ 58s that had been reactivated

The laws described above regarding the possession of barrels and bolts in Germany are 100% correct

For all we know this Uzi bolt is being repaired for the same purpose as those VZ 58s were reactivated and UT would get worldwide exposure, for all the wrong reasons

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by timgunfreak View Post
    The weapons used in Paris were deactivated VZ 58s that had been reactivated

The laws described above regarding the possession of barrels and bolts in Germany are 100% correct

For all we know this Uzi bolt is being repaired for the same purpose as those VZ 58s were reactivated and UT would get worldwide exposure, for all the wrong reasons
    While I agree that your statement COULD be accurate, i would certainly hope we never see that happen. I hope we are,and remain, a community of gun loving, law abiding people who simply enjoyed a hobby

Quote Originally Posted by sniperdoc View Post
    If you have
    1) The Desire
    2) The Knowledge
    3) The Skill
    4) The Time
    5) The Money

You can accomplish any task
    You forgot ambition lol

UZI Talk Life Member
    You also forgot a well equipped machine shop.
    Please visit my FB page for the latest CF-W bolt information.
    https://www.facebook.com/VegasSMG/?ref

Closed Thread