UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Do you see the M10/45 going up in price or sitting still for a while? Want to sell...

As someone who got into mac when they only 5k or so with a can and seen them already go up I think they will only go up really like any FA ..They still is plenty of support for them

And now that Lage is making decent uppers for the /9 that use cheep mags that work that is going to jack up the price as well

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    .45 is not offered in 11/9
    Yet. .40, 380 & .22 are nice options until the rifle caliber upper opens it up for 556 as well as 10mm & others possibly.

You know when this thread was started I really was thinking it was the ultimate douchebaggery thread talking about selling your Mac and investing in other markets that pay better returns yada yada yada . I still feel that way . As much I like to know how much these guns are worth I'd like to think this is a group of enthusiasts that like machine guns an not people that would be calling Charles Schwab for a MG quote.

If you feel that way about it sell it to someone that might enjoy it !! Sheesh !

Quote Originally Posted by panhead5 View Post
    You know when this thread was started I really was thinking it was the ultimate douchebaggery thread talking about selling your Mac and investing in other markets that pay better returns yada yada yada . I still feel that way . As much I like to know how much these guns are worth I'd like to think this is a group of enthusiasts that like machine guns an not people that would be calling Charles Schwab for a MG quote.

If you feel that way about it sell it to someone that might enjoy it !! Sheesh !
    I have an M16 and rarely shoot the M10/45 anymore (maybe I keep it, maybe I dont)... that being said, being an "enthusiast" doesn't mean I walk through life like a complete dipshit and ignore every other financial aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by taymag View Post
    I have an M16 and rarely shoot the M10/45 anymore (maybe I keep it, maybe I dont)... that being said, being an "enthusiast" doesn't mean I walk through life like a complete dipshit and ignore every other financial aspect.
    There's always an opportunity cost associated with having your money tied up. If you could get 7k for your m10, and knew it would somewhat reliably return 7% elsewhere (SPX), at what valuation of a m10 in the future would you regret selling it, and how long down the line? Seems like prices now are pretty close to what they were right before 41f, do you regret not getting 7k for it then and making 20% in last year's bull market?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Just to be clear- I’m not an investment buyer, but I did buy a couple MACs now because I do anticipate prices going up further.. figured if I ever wanted multiple MACs to run with multiple Lage uppers this could be my last opportunity to do so. I picked up two from Spiwak, one NIB. No regrets having done so- he had about 6 or 7 come up this week and they were all spoken for in about an hour. As a shooter, I’ll be totally satisfied if I can one day sell them at the same price point (w inflation).

UZI Talk Supporter
    As much as I like to think they're an investment, I'm never selling my two Macs unless maybe my wife or child we're dying and I really needed the money for some kind of medical procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by panhead5 View Post

Thought I was on Reddit Guns when I read this! This is the kind of peculiar and impolite reply that's common there.

If you have a MAC, I would keep it. Why? The MAC guns are the Swiss Army Knife of Machine Guns. Sooner or later there will be a 223 upper available for all of them. They will continue to increase in value.

+ Reply to Thread