$vboptions[bbtitle]
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gemtech future?

Gemtech future?

So I was curious what others might have heard or their thoughts about Gemtech and the new direction the company is moving toward. It started with the MK9K being discontinued by S&W. I was curious if this applies to their whole line up to include the Viper? It would be a real shame for them to do this, but at the same time glad I got mine when I did then.

I have a bunch of their older cans including a MK9K and they work great.

Too many are complaining about their newer monocore designs being too loud. It maybe easier to make but not efficient for noise reduction. Always a difference in suppression between K baffles and monocore.

Like you said, glad that I got them when I did.

Time will tell but I hope smith and wesson doesn't destroy the brand(more than what has already been done). I was hoping for better things when they bought them out.

I know gsl(who was the back end mfg for most of gemtech's products and holds many of the patents) said they had no plans on making the mk9k as they had a newer design coming out. While the viper style can is not in their catalog they have posted pictures of it. Maybe they will sell them in the future.

Picture

UZI Talk Supporter
    I don't like it. A dedicated suppressor company is a whole lot more tied up in the quality of their suppressors than a gun company that has a lot of other concerns.

UZI Talk Supporter

Semper Vigilo
    Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon02 View Post
    So I was curious what others might have heard or their thoughts about Gemtech and the new direction the company is moving toward. It started with the MK9K being discontinued by S&W. I was curious if this applies to their whole line up to include the Viper? It would be a real shame for them to do this, but at the same time glad I got mine when I did then.
    Links to this new direction? I have not heard much.

Most of the product line including the MK9K is still on their web page.
    NFA Firearms: In A World Of Compromise, Some Don't.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Their not doing themselves any favors suing smith, they couldn’t even do that right suing them out of jurisdiction of the purchase agreement. I’ve got a Gemtech can and it’s fine, but as a company I’ve not been impressed. Ever tried to get a hold of them? I gave up after countless calls and emails. I think if they got out of their own way smith could use their resources to help make unbelievably good cans and sell a ton of them. Look at sig and ruger, they’re making it happen.
    God, Family, Guns.....Life is Good! ROMANS 10:9-10

+ Reply to Thread