UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: Good news on my facebook!

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walksalone View Post
    You think my NIB sitting in the safe just went up in value?
    Hard to say (watch prices) but I’m thankful I grabbed a couple recently (just did inspection and filled out transfer docs last week) good timing on my part.. wanted to have a MAC for each Lage upper and figured it would be too late if I waited!

Quote Originally Posted by chili17 View Post
    If you are going to run only 5.56, I think you will be happy with the IRM. If you plan on doing any caliber changes then I would stick to the AR buffer system. I would get both (I like options). Lage might not give buyers that option until all orders have been filled, but I would think it would be an option in the future.

While I’m thinking I’d like to go to 7.62x39, realistically, I’ll probably never shoot anything but 5.56.

But still haven’t decided.

Quote Originally Posted by woodenword View Post
    While I’m thinking I’d like to go to 7.62x39, realistically, I’ll probably never shoot anything but 5.56.

But still haven’t decided.
    Same here. I am a little against drilling a hole. I know that it can be fixed. But not too confident in my abilities to drill a hole.

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by EL DUCE View Post
    Same here. I am a little against drilling a hole. I know that it can be fixed. But not too confident in my abilities to drill a hole.
    The ar15 stock mount that Richard made has a steel insert that can be used a a drill guide, you put the stock mount on the receiver put the drill bit in the hole in the stock mount and drill. He made it so simple a child can do it :-)

UZI Talk Life Member

The real question is not which one to get, but which one to get first. When I saw the IRM was submitted for approval I got a second spot on the wait list. Unfortunately the second one is 2 years down the road at full production of 50 units every 6 weeks.

As I have followed this thread I do think it is hilarious for me to have to wait close to 2 years for one . I may have to fall in love with my FA AR again lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EL DUCE View Post
    Drilling the hole isn’t a big deal for me. I just like the stock options the IRM allows. But, the hole option seems to lend itself to more caliber selections.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I'm not against drilling a hole but I like plug and pay.

Quote Originally Posted by MDG View Post
    I'm not against drilling a hole but I like plug and pay.
    Same. But at the same time I'd like to know what works best. For $3k I want the best option. If we're talking $700 uppers like the 9mm ones then I'm fine experimenting some. But $3k is nearly halfway to another Mac, well a Mac10 at least.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI View Post
    Same. But at the same time I'd like to know what works best. For $3k I want the best option. If we're talking $700 uppers like the 9mm ones then I'm fine experimenting some. But $3k is nearly halfway to another Mac, well a Mac10 at least.
    Yeah, I would like to see a pros and cons list. So far the big pro is that you can shoot different calibers with the AR buffer style. I don't care, I just want to sling some 5.56 down range at a fast rate.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I wonder if you put the hole in and then shoot a 9mm or 22LR upper will you get oil splatter coming out the hole into your face or on your clothes? I like to run mine a bit wet but don't want to come home with black oil spots all over. Any one with TROS experience?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skoda View Post
    I wonder if you put the hole in and then shoot a 9mm or 22LR upper will you get oil splatter coming out the hole into your face or on your clothes? I like to run mine a bit wet but don't want to come home with black oil spots all over. Any one with TROS experience?
    I have the hole in mine - I run in 9mm with a lage folding stock kit and have noticed nothing come out of the rear.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skoda View Post
    Rear plate and buffer should cover that hole when running a standard bolt??

UZI Talk Life Member
    Congratulations !

You guys worry too much about the hole . The real possible downside is depending on how it's put together you are dedicating your m11/9 to this upper unless you want to take it apart everytime you want to change . That would suck .

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by panhead5 View Post
    You guys worry too much about the hole . The real possible downside is depending on how it's put together you are dedicating your m11/9 to this upper unless you want to take it apart everytime you want to change . That would suck .
    Work around for that: have 4 MACs!
    Since the beginning of time, losers everywhere have eagerly awaited the end of time.

UZI Talk Life Member
    What’s the trouble in reconfiguring your gun? With the IRM version, you can use whatever stock you have on your gun and just pop out the retaining pin to switch uppers. Seems easy to me. With the AR buffer system, you can either use the AR stock with your upper, if it has tall sights, or just remove the one screw that holds the stock in and change stocks. Either way, not that big of a deal. My lowers sit in my safe without uppers on them. Never know how I will need to configure them for that day.
    Richard Lage
    Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C.
    www.max-11.com

UZI Talk Supporter
    Glad this is approved !

Now Lage can start kicking them out the door.
    Hopefully once the CNC's are running full speed Lage can get to work on the other MAC models for the rest of us.

Congrats Richard on your approvals!
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    Work around for that: have 4 MACs!
    I have multiples myself but still would probably do the IRM. good thing is I have a year to think about it.

Decision made, it's the IRM for me! Second batch hopefully! Thank you Richard.

+ Reply to Thread